Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am in love with firefly wool covers. i am content with fuzzi bunz, fireflies, kissaluvs. i am uncomfortable but willing with prefolds. however, i'm starting to understand that i'm just clue-free on the "good stuff."

tell me: what am i missing out on? seriously, tell me!

i heard about luxe and SOS and mutts and all the hyena stuff, but since i've never tried it, i just don't know! so please tell me what i'm missing out on! i'm ready to know! what makes it all so much better than what i've got? :LOL

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Uh-oh. I think you might have unintentionally opened a can of worms. We've all been down this path a few times recently, and it rarely leads anywhere good.

My short answer: to paraphrase Duke Ellington, if it looks good, it is good. I'm selling off the bulk of my hyena fitteds stash (SOS) b/c they're just not working for me as well as other, equally hyena dipes I have (RB, Luxe & Fussybutt come to mind). But...my new GMAR prefitteds are working just as well as my hyena side-snappers, as are my sherpa prefolds. It all depends on what works for your baby.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Jaye-I knew I liked you for a reason! Duke E. also said (paraphrased) that things ain't the way they used to be!! Ummm, firefly diapers RULE imo. My whole fitted stash is those only. I need not look further b/c those were made "right" in the first place so I have no need to look onward to what I might be missing.
$12. seconds?! You can NEVER go wrong with that price!! And let me say that they are uber picky about seconds!

I will not tell you what you are missing out on, b/c I refuse to buy more to see what *I'm* missing out on!
I really and honestly like ff diapers and covers. I'm tempted by many, but I haven't bit yet. I'd love to give you a luxe breakdown, but alas, I've never scored one. I didn't care for mutts or sos. Same with many others. That's part of the ff appeal to me-always something in stock that I
!

And again, gotta agree with Jaye-it is ALL about what fits on and works with your babe!

I'll leave it to the hyenas to tell you what we're all missing out on!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Whoops, forgot to add in my 1st post that Fireflies are seriously good dipes. Like an idiot, I sold off my mediums & bought a TON of larges b/c Ian was going through a growth spurt, then had to admit that they were just too long in the rise & too baggy in the legs (as in, once they were wet I could see his privates through the leg holes) and I had to sell/swap all of them. Now I'm thinking maybe I should try a medium again, since Ian is crawling & starting to walk, and probably won't be chunking out any more (not that he was ever a chunky baby). And yeah, $12 FF seconds rule!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:LOL thanx mamas! i've been jonesin for more fireflies, but they haven't restocked the colors yet - so i was going to start buying up other stuff. i got a couple of seconds and some old hemp/cotton off ebay - and i have one new nightlight. just got my second wool cover - since my db lives in his first one right now.

oh - and i'm actually trying out some mediums (used) since the larges, while quite good, sometimes seem too big on my toddler? anyway, those are in the mail, i hope.

thanx for the thoughts! i appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaye_p
(BTW, Duke Ellington rocks, no?)
I just had to jump in here and agree with this! :LOL I am such a jazz freak and Duke is the best.

Okay, you can return to your regularly scheduled posting now.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I really like my ff, too, but after trying A LOT of diapers, my current favorite is Mudpies! They fit great and the aios rock
. I like to buy from the TP so I can TRY a diaper before I make a big investment into them.

Take it slow, momma!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by just6fish
I like to buy from the TP so I can TRY a diaper before I make a big investment into them.

Take it slow, momma!
This is really good advice, and a great way to try different things without a large investment! The TP rocks!

Personally, I like a varied stash, so I don't know if I could stick with just one diaper. HOWEVER, having said that, I am really starting to love the idea of availability, kwim?!? My hyena stash is awesome, but I have to work so damn hard to get every diaper. It would be nice to be able to by my favorites in-stock for a change. No having to try to "beat" other mamas to it, no trying to outbid anyone, just buying what I need/want when I need/want it. What a concept!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am not a diaper hyena, but I do have a few hyena diapers.

I just wanted to throw in there that I dont find SOS all that absorbent I actually rarely reach for it because she goes through it so quick. I guess I should sell it since I have had it for a couple months and used it twice...

Loveybums (not sure HOW hyena, if at all, they are but they sure arent easy to get a hold of!) Um, I havent officially tried this one, because we have plumbers crack in it....I think I am going to sell it.

My Kiwi Pie on the other hand...I LOVE IT. I am very happy with my ecobabies, sugarpeas, roos, etcetc all diapers that are EASY to get a hold of!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
ooooo.... I can tell you about Luxe!!!!

I have slowly been building my luxe stash.... all off the TP as I have never had an oppurtunity to grab a new one. They are AMAZING. The organic cotton she uses is soooooo soft... it feels fabulous. They are turned & topstitched, which makes for a better fit (IMO), and it looks "neater". I only use luxe diapers without leg ruffles, and they fit my baby's thighs SO WELL. They're trim, they're gorgeous.... I just LOVE these diapers.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kirei
ooooo.... I can tell you about Luxe!!!!

I have slowly been building my luxe stash.... all off the TP as I have never had an oppurtunity to grab a new one. They are AMAZING. The organic cotton she uses is soooooo soft... it feels fabulous. They are turned & topstitched, which makes for a better fit (IMO), and it looks "neater". I only use luxe diapers without leg ruffles, and they fit my baby's thighs SO WELL. They're trim, they're gorgeous.... I just LOVE these diapers.
How many do you have? I wanna see pics! I
Luxe as well.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Thank you

Did you notice in the second picture (orange dipe)... the way it fits around her thighs? Its so snug and trim, but NOT tight in such a way that would hurt her. Its so perfect.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I am not anti-hyena, but I could never justify spending so much on a diaper. Besides I can sew and I have started to make some of my own. Then, came wool. I love hyena wool. I do not knit or crochet, but I do appreciate the ladies that can do it. It is lovely, super absorbant and I use it over plain old kissanots, MEOS and Growing Greens OS hemp diapers. It makes the plain old stuff gorgeous! Sadly it depletes my diaper allowance quite quickly even if it is used! I say find what works for you and go with it. The grass is always greener, but not necessarily better.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.