Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I bought a doz reg IPF's brand new and a dozen toddler IPF's. Washed all of them up yest 3 times and started using them today and they are peeing right thru the covers after one hour
: . I am using BSWW for my 2 yr old and the pee is soaking right thru the cover. I use WWB for my 14 mth old and was using reg CPF's for him before but they were 3 yrs old and getting ratty and he never leaked thru the cover. Is it because I did not wash them enough before using or is there some other issue????? They are in sposies now because I sold all my other things...AARRGG I am sooo mad!!!!

Thanks for any insight

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
My guess would be not ehough washing. Take a dry one, and pour water on it. Does it bead up, or immediately soak in?

I had to wash my unbleached ones on hot 5 times. I had some wipes that took 6 washes to quit beading up.

If they are absorbent, maybe it's the way they are fitting? How are you folding? Oh, and make sure the penis is pointing down, a stream of pee will come right out the leg or waist if not.

HTH

·
Banned
1,288 Posts
Are they unbleached? I had to wash my ubipf's about 7 times in VERY hot water before they absorbed immediately when I poured water on them.

If they are bleached, I don't know what to tell you. Three times should be enough.

Try pouring some water on them. If it runs off, even for a second before it soaks it up, they need more washing.

I doubt the Bummis covers are soaking through. It is proably just the pee running off the ipf's and leaking out the sides and getting the outside of the cover wet.

Unless they are very old covers, they shouldn't leak through.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Definitely wash again. They still have oils! I boil water on my stove and pour it into the washer and let them sit in it and spin it out and then run hot washes over and over and over again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.