Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We traded in our motorhome for a travel trailer last week, and we took it out for the last 3 days. I got to use CD the whole time!!! HOWEVER... I used just about every last diaper I had.

We are going to be leaving for a week next month and I'd like to take my cloth with (the smell of sposies is disgusting!).

HOW would you guys wash them?

The trailer has a tub!!! I rinsed the diapers (in babe's left over bath water) to try and kill the amonia smell (which wasn't too successful) but how would you guys recommend I wash them in this set up? I have TONS of extra storage in this RV, so I could even take 5 gal buckets with lids to soak if need be.

Just looking for suggestions. I'll have just about everything at my disposal except a W&D

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Could you soak them in some water/baking soda/TTO before you wash them?? I guess maybe that would help with the smell. I have no idea but I thought I would put that out there.

Have fun though!

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That second one is the coolest thing I've seen! (and more in my price range
) This particular place has them on backorder... but I've found a few more places that have them in stock.

Thanks a bunch!!!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Last year when we were away for 3 weeks, I handwashed outside with a hose, bucket, and soap. I squirt and rung and squirt and rung, filled the bucket with detergent and water, dipped and rung and dipped and rung, then when I felt they were clean, I squirt and rung and squirt and rung, finally hang up when done.
It was a lot of ringing and I think I wasted a lot of water doing this but it worked well.
When we were some place that we were hooked up at I was able to wash with hot water and I would do that in the shower. Also, for poopy diapers that needed rinsing, I would hang the shower nozzle as far over as possible so it just barely reached the toilet, and I was able to rinse diapers that way.

Use as little detergent as possible, and take prefolds and covers/pockets. I found those easiest to clean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts