Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
665 Posts
I'm here. I can't believe that another week has passed with no baby. My massage therapist called me today to confirm our appt. I never thought I really be keeping that appt. I also went for acupuncture yesterday & NOTHING!!!!!! I will go back on Saturday if he isn't here yet.

Tuesday is my next MW appt & I will have U/S & non-stress test. I really don't want to go that far or have my membranes stripped.

· Registered
113 Posts
Me!!
:

I'm "due" June 27, five days from now. I'm having my first homebirth (third baby -- kids are 9 and 4) with the assistance of a CNM. I started feeling...weird(?)...last night around dinner time, just kind of anxious for no particular reason, slightly nauseated, with a lot of perineal pressure that wasn't letting up. No real contractions, but it does feel like things are starting to happen. I had my husband get out of bed to fill the birthing tub in the living room just after midnight, if for no other reason than my own peace of mind. I've had three dreams in the past week or so that I either haven't had time to fill it before giving birth, I've forgotten to fill it, or there's been a problem with filling it. But now it's filled -- rock on.
If I go another week or more without going into labor it's not as if we can't drain it and refill, now that we know our water heater: birthing tub capacity ratio, how long it takes to fill, and how the heater works and all that!

So today I'm going to call the midwife to keep her informed, and I'm supposed to have a playdate with a friend and her kids. And I'd feel better if I went to the grocery store and stocked up on a bunch of stuff so the "nest" is all set.

· Registered
249 Posts
I'm still here! I'm 40w4d, and trying to be relaxed about this whole "due date" thing. I keep reminding myself to trust my body and trust my baby, and to know that things will happen when they are meant to.

This will most likely be our only child, so I am trying to enjoy every bit of pregnancy, knowing that this will be the only time I will have this experience. I'll have my daughter for the rest of my life, but I'll only be able to experience pregnancy for a little while longer. I'm uncomfortable to be sure, but I'm also still enjoying her kicks and squirms, and the feeling of almost goddess like beauty that this pregnancy brings out in me. However, that doesn't mean I'm not trying every labor kick-starter out there!!

On Monday I have an appointment with the accupuncerist (I'll be 41w) and I'll have a NST at the Birth Center. I'll go back for 2 more sessions of acupuncture if I need it, but I'm hoping one time will do the trick.

I wasn't very upset when my due date came and went, but I did start getting anxious when the 21st came and went... I have thought all along that baby would make her appearance on that day. Oh well, so much for Mama's intuition!!

Good luck to everyone still waiting to meet their baby! Hang in there!

· Registered
665 Posts
Mettasutta- I hear you, I keep reminding myself the same thing (I think we had the same due date). And I going back to my acupunturist tomorrow & will have my tests on Tuesday.

· Registered
645 Posts
Have been having some pretty painful contractions all day, but nothing regular. No bloody show, no mucous plug...just hoping that eventually the moment will come when I realize "Hey, this is actually labor!". Hope it happens tonight and soon - my daughter just went down to bed and I could perhaps have given birth by the time she wakes up or has lunch tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.