Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm not exactly new to MDC, but I've never posted before - usually I'm too enthralled with reading everything here and trying to absorb as much info as I can!

I'm 34, married to DH 35 for over three years now. We are expecting our first child around the first of January, 2007. We are THRILLED, and in love with our 33 week little nubbin already. We live abroad, but originally from the Philadelphia area - my husband is a music teacher and I paint, but I imagine I'll be taking some time off from that for a bit as we get settled as a family.

This site has been invaluable for me. Late last year I was pregnant for the first time and scoured the net for all the info - everything I wanted to know about kept turning up on MDC when I googled! And it was such great info. - I was hooked, it was love. It really gave me a great start on my own research and finding my way. It was then that I realized my own latent passionate feelings about these issues, and discovered how important it was to me (and my lovely DH) to parent compassionately, with awareness, love and respect. So MDC has actually helped me learn more about myself as much as anything else!

Unfortunately I miscarried at 11 weeks - I turned to the net for some information and could not believe that I couldn't find out any CLEAR information on what we had just been through. It was treated as a taboo subject. I felt so angry, betrayed, the medical community was no help, and I felt alone. I looked once again to MDC and to my amazement found exactly what I needed. It was a blessing, and I could heal, now that I knew what other women had gone through. I will forever be grateful to those women for sharing their stories.

Now that I'm pregnant again and expecting shortly, this site continues to be an endless source of wisdom and insight in our new quest into parenthood. I'm really looking forward to being a part of this community (not just lurking...
).

Nice to meet you, officially!

Maybe someday I'll even get brave and try to make a signature...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Howdy LeahLea and welcome to MDC from another long time lurker. I find the info on here to be absolutely the best.

And I'm also trying to think of a cool siggy--haven't had the time yet with two young 'uns! Perhaps I'm waiting for one of them to come up with one for me!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Jen - yes, we are definitely looking forward to meeting the little one soon. We are still preparing though, so I'm also glad we still have some time!

Stormcat - Glad to see I'm not the only long-time lurker just now checking in! Nice to meet you!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome!
Oh, Italy, how romantic!

What are the birth options over there? I read about France in particular that midwife assisted births are more prevalent than here, and that OBs are used only for high-risk pregnancies (I don't remember the percentages, but smth like 75% to 25%, as opposed to smth like 5% to 95% in the U.S.). I think that's the trend in Europe in general.

Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts