Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
YAY! I had a MW appointment today and she listened with the fetoscope and found the heartbeat right away. She was going to listen w/doppler too (probably so we could hear it) but I told her that it wasn't necessary - I feel bad enough about the ultrasound on Friday.

I couldn't find a fetoscope locally (should have ordered one online) but I picked up a "cutsey" one at Wal-mart which is basically just something like a fetoscope in a commercially appealing package. It seems to suck though. I can't hear anything with it yet.

·
Registered
726 Posts
i can never hear the heartbeat with the fetoscope! but my midwife heard it at 18 weeks--said it was in the 130s. we don't do ultrasound or doppler until labor unless there's a really good reason, so i was surprised and happy that she could hear it so soon.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am doing no doppler or u/s too. Which is totally different from my last two pregnancies. I was surprised to be able to find it. But I am starting to be able to discern the location of the head which really helps find the hb for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts