Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 7 m/o DS likes to be wrapped up snuggly in a blanket (preferably in my arms, of course) and when he sleeps he usually tries to press his face against anything soft (blanket, pillow, or me). Do you find this with your babes of about this age too? I'm just trying to re-create this in his crib so he can sleep better for naps. (We co-sleep at night and often for naps too but I'd like him to start napping in his crib once in a while so I can get things done...) Swaddling even with bigger blankets doesn't seem to work b/c he moves around and the blankets get kicked off.

Anyone have suggestions on creating a swaddling-type environment in the crib for older babes? Also I *think* it's OK to have a blanket near his face while sleeping since he's past the danger age for SIDS, but I'd like advice on that too if you have any to offer.

·
Registered
125 Posts
We sometimes put two rolled up bankets on his sides and press them in, after he's already asleep. And we put a pillow near the top of his head like a hat, so he feels like my arm is there. I'd say to be safe, not put anything near his face...I've read that sids can be up to a year, so he wouldn't quite be out of the zone yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.