Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>DS' doctor is having us trial a gluten free three weeks to see if it would help some irritation on the skin around his mouth and a diaper rash. He's been off gluten for two weeks but in that time has had two nasty rashes. On the days it was worse, he had eaten a lot of olives, had extra bowel movements which were pale in color and filled with undigested olives pieces.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is it normal for olives to not be digested by young toddlers? He loves them so he will eat at least 10 if not 3/4 the can if I let him (and have).  My mom kept suggesting maybe it was the olives and I'm beginning to think that.  I wonder if this might be something he'd grow out of later, or if it's related to numerous olives instead of just a few, and having them for 2-3 days in a row (which he did this week and last).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>He drinks raw milk, is fine with eggs, has very little soy and corn.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>ETA: I am speaking of black, canned olives. Also, I have noticed mucousy poop with these bowel movements.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am also wondering, if he isn't chewing the olives well, and they are not digesting, is that causing the irritation, and not necessarily an "allergy" but a reaction that won't be the case when he does chew them better (it maybe when he has 8 molars instead of 4)?</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts