Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just moved back to Olympia and I'm wondering if there are any other mamas in the area? Our sons are 8 and 2 1/2, our daughter is 4, and we unschool.

Can anyone recommend a good veterinarian in the Olympia area, who isn't too gung-ho on shots?

AND, a good family practice doctor in the Olympia area, (or Seattle) who is open-minded about alternative healing and not vaccinating?

We'd also love to make some friends around here, or in Seattle to get together with!

Thanks,
xo - Kelly

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, Kelly,

Welcome! I'm in Olympia, too. We (dh, dd 4 1/2) moved here about 2 years ago from Colorado. Where did you move from? Steamboat Vet Clinic is supportive of alternative pet care, but they are pretty mainstream if you don't ask. They are very involved in animal adoptions and contributing to the local community, which is very cool. I've heard Kathleen Hurd, MD, is open to alternative healing, but I haven't treated with her. A good reference might be the downtown retailer, Radiance. Consider bringing the kids to Gymnastics Elite Friday mornings 9:30 - 11 for open gymnastics. There are other like-minded families who frequent there, and the kids have a gas. We won't be there this week, but probably will next. We play at parks many times per week, and are involved in a great homeschooling group. Send a PM if you'd like more info, or to set up a playdate. Hope to meet you soon!

~Janet

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
Like Reiki Mama, we moved from CO to the area about 2 years ago. We didn't move to Olympia until this last year though. Anyway, I don't know about vets because I am on the lookout for a good one myself. Right now we have our pets as patients of TLC, and we detest them! They put our puppy through over 24 hours of he*l when he got neutered, and I'll never step foot in their office again. I'm gonna check out Steamboat Vet Clinic.

My wife and I see a naturopathic doc- S. Adams- for our doctor, but my son sees a nurse practitioner at Clinic At West Olympia who we really like so far (Clinic At West Olympia is the only clinic that accepts my son's insurance).

We have a 15 year old son and are about to start trying to get pregnant this month. Hope to chat more sometime!

Sierra

1 - 3 of 3 Posts