Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD will be 4 this month. She is a BIG fan of Mommy milk. She asks whenever I sit...but, lately, with the weather so beautiful, garden going in the ground, and kids over often, there just hasn't been much sitting time. It seems she nurses only at bedtime. And, in the past week and a half or so, even that nursing time is cut short when she stops to ask me to scratch her back or her little toe
. She basically hangs on to my nipple while I scratch rub her back/toe, and she quickly falls asleep.

I am torn. I love our snuggle time, but I would so love to be able to give the nipples their freedom, too. She really only nurses (actual nursing, not just "hang-time") when she's half-asleep in the early a.m. and latches on to get back to sleep. I am thinking I could rub her back at this time, too, then slowly she'd just want that...

Does this sound like a familiar experience to anyone?

I am excited about this, but not letting myself get too "woo-hoo" yet...

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
That sounds similar to what happened when my oldest weaned. It is a gradual thing and I did encourage all the steps she initiated. She weaned on her 5th birthday.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.