Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We were out all day yesterday with family so when we got home I asked DH to get the diapers ready to wash since we used so many. HE knows to watch out for wool! So he started the wash late last night and I got up this morning to put everything in the dryer.

OMG! I almost fainted, in the bottom of the washer was my beautiful Dip Dye Kiwi Pie.
I actually teared up! It went through the hot wash too!!
: DH is really sorry and upset but it's ruined.

I'm just having the worst morning.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that! I would have teared up, too. . .

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Oh No!! That is so sad.

I think that there might be a club that you could join, though. The one whose husbands have ruined their wives' wool.

Did the color wash out or did it just shrink badly? And it was the small, right?

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ustasmom
Oh No!! That is so sad.

I think that there might be a club that you could join, though. The one whose husbands have ruined their wives' wool.

Did the color wash out or did it just shrink badly? And it was the small, right?
No actually the color still looks great. The sun that was dyed on it is faded but other than that the color washed well.

It shrunk though and has almost no stretch to it at all. Before it was nice and stretchy. I don't know what I'm going to do, I think I might try the hair conditioner and see if it works.

This was my favorite cover and I have no way of replacing it.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristyH

We were out all day yesterday with family so when we got home I asked DH to get the diapers ready to wash since we used so many. HE knows to watch out for wool! So he started the wash late last night and I got up this morning to put everything in the dryer.

OMG! I almost fainted, in the bottom of the washer was my beautiful Dip Dye Kiwi Pie.
I actually teared up! It went through the hot wash too!!
: DH is really sorry and upset but it's ruined.

I'm just having the worst morning.

Aww honey! I so know how you feel! DH and my mother together managed to wash my Aristocrat yesterday
It didn't go through the dryer but it is completely felted beyond redemption. I think I cried for 45 minutes!

Steph

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Oh no!!!!!
How very sad!

I am so glad my dh has a fear of diaper laundry. However, my older girls have a nasty habit of throwing wool into the diaper pail with all the diapers. I have told them over and over again....I had one of my Sugar Peas go through the washer and dryer, back when they were HARD to get. It shrunk from a large to a medium, so at least it was still usable. But after the ranting I did, no one in the house has been brave enough to put any diaper related item into the wasing machine.

I am sorry, I hope maybe dh can make it up to you somehow....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.