Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In February, my son developed impetigo in his diaper area. The pedi prescribed an antiobiotic cream. We used it 3x per day for SIX weeks. It cleared some, but did not go away. It got so bad that the tip of his penis and his scrotum was COVERED. I finally succumbed to an oral antibiotic, and within days, it was completely gone. Here we are a few weeks later and IT'S COMING BACK! There is NO way I want him back on antibiotics. What is going ON? I'm ready to start trying some natural remedies, if any...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Oh mama, I'm so sorry and I feel your pain. My dd has impetigo too, again. Well, it never fully went away. We've been using the damn prescription antibiotic for many months, and in Feb? March? I gave in and got her the oral antibiotic and used them in combination. She was on the oral abx for 1 week and though it cleared up many of the spots, they didn't all go away fully. Now she's got sores all over, and for the last week + I've been wiping the spots w/diluted tree tree oil 1x/day and w/diluted vinegar 1x/day. Plus I'm giving her 1500-2000mgs of Vit. C a day, probiotics (she doesn't like yogurt) to boost her immune system and still no effect. I'm not sure what to do next either.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wanted to update this thread in case anyone does a search for impetigo later.<br><br>
We have almost completely cleared my son's impetigo with grapefruit seed extract (liquid form). It should be diluted with water. I dipped cottonballs in and applied to the rash (a new cottonball for each area.) I've done it about 3x a day and now by the 2nd day, it's nearly gone. GSE is antibacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal. It will kill anything it comes in contact with! It has a variety of uses, including sanitizing cutting boards and toothbrushes, douches to clear infection, spray on like "bactine" for cuts and abrasions...the list goes on!<br><br>
Neptune, I'm going to PM you now in case you miss this!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts