Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the worst/most costly thing my DD has done so far is to put my brand new cell-phone in a cup of hot tea...and I did not get the replacement insurance...

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
nothing yet today. . .. bump!

·
Registered
788 Posts
My DS has a habit of runnign without looking where he is going, and ran into the cord for the TV. We usually keep it in back where he can't get it, but DH was in the middle of hooking up a new VCR. DS managed to trip, get tangled in the cord, and pull the TV down with him. Never worked right again.

Of course, right then I was more worried about him than the TV. And he was more scared than hurt.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
DD "washed" the TV the other day with a cup of water. No, I'm not replacing it.

I painted the TV stand and screwed in a wooden train set. Walla! Their own train table!

·
Registered
243 Posts
My DS locked the bathroom door. It was one of those push button types, but come to find out it wasn't your typical bathroom door where you use the little "key" and just push the lock back out. Even the locksmith couldn't undo it. He had to drill the old doorknob out just to get it open again. Luckily DS wasn't INSIDE the bathroom when he locked it, but we still needed a new doorknob. We made sure it was easily unlockable from outside

·
Registered
364 Posts
DS was in the front seat of my (parked) car for all of one minute. In that time he found my toll change and filled my CD and cassette players with coins. Both are broken

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by septmommy
DS was in the front seat of my (parked) car for all of one minute. In that time he found my toll change and filled my CD and cassette players with coins. Both are broken

Ds2 loves to play in the car after we get home, and I often let him crawl around the front seat while I unload the groceries or whatever. I can totally see him doing this, so I am going to be hiding my parking change!

Let's see, last week dh left him alone in the entryway about 2 minutes too long, and ds2 found a sharpie pen and sharpied all the furniture, the floor, the banister, and the stairs. There is still some on the banister and the chair cushion.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The other day ds emptied a whole bag of thistle seeds (for the wild gold finches) all over the kitchen floor...okay it wasn't an expensive problem...but boy, it took a while to clean up! Thistle seeds are tiny and we have wooden floors with gaps filled with seeds still.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
DsStuffed the cat into an old cereal box then sat on it...my cat just loves him and lets him do whatever to her. All I kept hearing was this little "meow". So pathetic.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JustVanessa
DsStuffed the cat into an old cereal box then sat on it...my cat just loves him and lets him do whatever to her. All I kept hearing was this little "meow". So pathetic.
:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanbaby

Ds2 loves to play in the car after we get home, and I often let him crawl around the front seat while I unload the groceries or whatever. I can totally see him doing this, so I am going to be hiding my parking change!

Let's see, last week dh left him alone in the entryway about 2 minutes too long, and ds2 found a sharpie pen and sharpied all the furniture, the floor, the banister, and the stairs. There is still some on the banister and the chair cushion.

Oh my goodness!!!

Let's see... Jonathan has sucked the life out of one cell phone and then that of course became "his" cell phone. Additionally, his drool ruined our universal remote. Rather than replace it we just get up and change channels manually if need be. He has also been in the habit of throwing things away... things like dollar bills now and coins.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustVanessa
Oh no! Poor kitty...
My youngest isn't a toddler anymore, but she sure gave me a run for my money when she was:

*Got into dh's beer one night (we have since stopped keeping alcohol in the house at all since she is VERY clever) and drank a bit of it before we caught her! We were worried but she was just a little clumsy and slap happy for awhile before sleeping very well the night

*Got into the refridgerator again while I was taking a shower (it was a hectic day..
: ) and broke eggs all over the kitchen floor and the bathroom floor
*Got up during the middle of the night, climbed atop the bunk bed, then JUMPED down...she was fine, I wasn't
:
*shoplifted a bunch of bracelets from JC Penney...I am still trying to figure how she did this! I had her next to me the entire time, I was looking at some earings, and then we stepped to the register. When I was taking her out of the carseat when we got to the playground where we were going, I noticed her pockets looked full, so I looked in them, and pulled out the bracelets I was SPEECHLESS! I always check her pockets now before we leave stores, and we regulary go over that we have to pay for things before we take them out of the stores. She's now reformed

I did some pretty out there stuff when I was young too:

*I put a plastic pan in the oven to "play" cook something, and my mom without even thinking about it turned the oven on to preheat it before baking something. Before we knew it flames were shooting out of the stove and my mom was screaming at us to get out of the house. What's even worse is the fire deparment misread our address and sped right past our house, with my mom out there chasing after them(she's a bit overdramatic and panicky), while my dad simply got up, found the fire extinguisher and calmly put out the fire. I got a very stern talking-to and was not allowed to have my toys anywhear the oven anymore.

*I teased my sister to the point of no return and she chased me around the block with a firm foam baseball bat that looked like it would hurt(it wouldn't have hurt me though)-our neighbors LOVED us I'm sure

*My sister and I were feeling really mean one day-So we held my brother down and put him in a dress and hair barettes. He still remembers it as an adult.. I guess we trauamtized him

*One day we decided to have a "free car wash" by means of turning on the hose and spraying any car that drove by, open windows or not...

*My brother and I decided we wanted to gross my mom-so we proceeded to gulp down Pepsi as quickly as we could and see how far we could regurgitate it
My mom wasn't exactly thrilled to say the least.

*My friend and I decided that we would play "kitty bungee jumping" with her cat. This mean we would catch the poor kitty, force her into a pillow case, spin around and around, and then let the pillow case go and the cat would go flying out. I have no idea why we found this amusing, but we did. Thank goodness the cat never got seriously hurt and made it through our childhood idiocies.

Ah..there's probably more...but I'm getting off topic...
:

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh my! Some of your children and selves were adventurous!

One of my DH's work colleagues had a not so happy ending to their toddler putting the cat in the laundry basket

My youngest DSS now 13 when he was about 3 stuck his tongue up the faucet in the bath at which point the vacuum sucked it in and it got stuck. The Fire Dept had to come and cut the faucet off to release his poor tongue. He still does things like this though!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Destinye

My youngest DSS now 13 when he was about 3 stuck his tongue up the faucet in the bath at which point the vacuum sucked it in and it got stuck. The Fire Dept had to come and cut the faucet off to release his poor tongue. He still does things like this though!
I can't help it that is hillarious.I assume his tongue is ok.My uncle is a fireman and he allways has some good story like that.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanbaby

Ahh...a muralist.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Oh these stories are great!!

My DD threw our DVD remote into the toliet right as I was about to sit down. She also threw her Grover doll that was given to her by her Uncle Grover into the toilet after I had gone. When I pulled him out all wet and droopy she was very upset by how Grover looked. DD hasn't put anything else in the potty yet.

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Well, mine threw my brand new (as in, bought it that morning) blackberry into her wading pool-and no, I didn't have replacement insurance either!
She did a LOVELY job applying lipstick to the cat....the entire cat, he looked so purdy!
Tonight she stole the dog's dinner..a raw chicken quarter
uke:

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by shannon0218
Well, mine threw my brand new (as in, bought it that morning) blackberry into her wading pool-and no, I didn't have replacement insurance either!
She did a LOVELY job applying lipstick to the cat....the entire cat, he looked so purdy!
Tonight she stole the dog's dinner..a raw chicken quarter
uke:
Oh geez Blackberry's are expensive! But hey at least she is enjoying a nice raw food diet! Yikes!

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amygabrielle
Oh these stories are great!!

My DD threw our DVD remote into the toliet right as I was about to sit down. She also threw her Grover doll that was given to her by her Uncle Grover into the toilet after I had gone. When I pulled him out all wet and droopy she was very upset by how Grover looked. DD hasn't put anything else in the potty yet.
Hence why I bought a lock for the toilet

·
Registered
80 Posts
That would have helped! Only knowing my DD, she would have figured out how to open it in no time!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts