Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my fellow Mama's

I am just looking for some feedback. My 9 and 1/2 year old (still no teeth -- good for me since I am still nursing
: ) turned into a picky eater about two weeks ago and I thought she would get past it but she hasn't. Part of me feels it isn't a big deal but I am beginning to wonder how long this stage is going to last. Since my darling angel started baby food she would not eat anything unless it was orange or a fruit. Then she began liking peas and occasionly green beans. So I figured she could start on the 9+ month food. NOPE didn't have any of that. She spit out the chunks. Now she won't even eat the 6+ month corn/squash mixture which is a little chunky or applesauce. And unless the food is completely orange like carrots or sweet potatoes, she isn't eating that either. Even the fruit has to be completely smooth. Can she distinguish colors already? Nevertheless, she isn't get too much variety in her diet. Is it common for babies her age to have issues with texture.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much since she's still nursing. Eating solids right now is for practice anyway and not for nutrition. My son wasn't even interested in solids until 13 months and now he's 3 and eats like a pig. Don't worry, mama!

·
Registered
152 Posts
My second is similar. He seemed to have a really hard time with baby food in general, just the mechanics of eating. I just practiced once in a while till he got the hang of it. At this point I couldn't care less what he's eating, since he's still nursing. He won't eat any veggies except sweet potatos, and occassionally things off my plate. I found that feeding him veggies off my plate actually works better than trying to give him veggie babyfood. He still can't eat chunky stuff unless it melts in his mouth like banana and bread type stuff.

My daughter also didn't like veggie baby food, and she's been a healthy eater since she was 2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.