Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get some 1st hand advice/stories from mamas who had their 1st son circed, but not the next.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
I actually have one circed son and soon to be 3 intact sons.

I was very young and impressionable when my oldest was born. My mother, an RN, convinced me to circ him with her "dirty old man in the hospital with a terrible infection" stories. After joining MDC shortly after the birth of my second son I came to realize that the chance of infections in 70 some odd years was not a good reason to amputate normal, healthy body parts and that the problem was not the foreskin, but the nurses responsible for keeping those "dirty old men" clean. The main reason son #2 was not circed was because Medicaid in my state did not pay for it and although I did not want to circ my son, my male partner at the time did but the idea of paying out of pocket for it when we could scarcely afford to feed ourselves saved my little boy. Only after being an MDC member for a few months did I discover just what a blessing in disguise this situation had been! Needless to say, after being an avid reader in the Case Against Circumcision forum for years now, when son #3 was born in December of '05 he was left intact and of course my daughter was left intact as well in February of '07. My fourth son will be born sometime in January or February '09 and will be left intact as well.

I realize you are looking for advice or stories but honestly, the status of my sons' penises has never been an issue. Not for them, me, my DH or any of our health care providers. There is no advice to give or stories to tell because leaving the rest intact was the default for me and although my oldest son did one time notice his younger brother's foreskin, once he was retractable they realized they were pretty much the same.

·
Banned
2,832 Posts
My son is intact, but we have neighbors who did circ their first son. The mother saw the torture preformed and immediately felt it was a huge mistake and that they'd never do it to another child. The family went to have two more boys that were left intact. She said she never had a single issue with her sons looking different.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, my husband and I are at odds over this. I think im winning, but I would like some 1st hand experance with having two (or more) boys that are "different" down there. That is one of his (weaker) arguments to circ.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Quote:
Well, my husband and I are at odds over this. I think im winning, but I would like some 1st hand experance with having two (or more) boys that are "different" down there. That is one of his (weaker) arguments to circ.
If he doesn't see this in the near future, PM user perspective. He and his brother are 'different' down there so I think he can give you the scoop on what a non-issue it was.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Quote:
I would like to get some 1st hand advice/stories from mamas who had their 1st son circed, but not the next.

Thanks!!

Well I can tell you, you have nothing to worry about. I was born a twin, and my twin brother was not circumcised, and I saw. We shared a room growing up, and saw each other naked about as much as you expect two brothers to, which was a lot. Our circ status never came up, and not something we thought about. We looked different everywhere, different hair color, different noses, etc. With all that different why would we find it strange that penises also looked different.

Kids think differently then adults do, really you have nothing to worry about. When you get older, obviously your going to want to bring up the subject, and explain somethings (at an age approriate time). But your boys are NOT going to feel strange because their penises dont look that same. Its just not how they will look at the situation.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I'm pretty sure both KBecks and Blu Razzberri have both circed and intact foreskin sons. I know Fruitful Womb does too. You might pm them if they don't respond here.

·
Registered
763 Posts
perspective, I didn't realize you are a twin. Is your brother as equally involved it this movement?

To the OP. I don't think you have to worry about anything. I don't have two sons yet but when I do I am certain they will look different in many ways. Why should we put more emphasis on the penis than any other part of the body, especially since their penises will be covered 98% of the time.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by latinalonestar View Post
perspective, I didn't realize you are a twin. Is your brother as equally involved it this movement?
No, he is not. I do not think he is even aware of the issue. We are on very good terms with each other, we are just not very close, emotionally, so I don't talk to him about personal stuff.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by perspective View Post
No, he is not. I do not think he is even aware of the issue. We are on very good terms with each other, we are just not very close, emotionally, so I don't talk to him about personal stuff.
I can understand not being close emotionally. I am not close with my brother. I'm not sure if he knows my involvement in this but if his wife ever gets pregnant with a boy he will. Not looking forward to that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.