Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About seafood.... I know you're not supose to eat the big fish while your pregnant because of Mercury. But it's not really fish that I was thinking about. What about Crab and Clams and such? My doctor says that's fine, but then again, I don't really trust him as far as I can throw him.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Mine said nothing from the bottom. She said that Salmon was okay but to avoid just about everything else.
I think there are a lot of differing opinions on this one...
Suzy

·
Registered
12,302 Posts
I wanna know too b/c with the boys I totally avoided seafood for the whole 9 months

I love seafood and want to eat it all the time now. I have stayed away from shell fish and large pieces of tune, but I am dying for clams and mussels

·
Registered
334 Posts
I go with not more than twice a week - just like all the other deep coldwater fishes. and really it helps you cary your diet which I think is important as well.

·
Banned
3,042 Posts
What about shrimp? I absolutely cannot stand any seafood (except the frozen battered fish fillets from Aldi
: but I don't think they're even fish anymore) but for some reason I keep craving shrimp.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm eating a fair amount of seafood (probably every 3rd day or so) because it is one of the only forms of protein I can stand to eat.
: I've also been eating very small amounts of tuna sushi, though I limit myself to 2 small pieces a week or so, because of the mercury.

I figure that getting the protein is more important than giving in to the fear, kwim? But if I were eating meat I would be eating less (my budget would thank me too).

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I already have an autistic child, so I'm paranoid about this subject. I've avoided all types of seafood since we started TTC last September. Shrimp and krill have the lowest mercury content of any type of seafood, because they're at the bottom of the food chain.

STOP EATING TUNA!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts