Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who is wanting to do cloth but wants to do one size. She'd like me to make them for her but I don't know of any patterns for them. Are there any available?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would second the poopockets pattern. I don't find the gussets a piece of cake, but they are not too bad. Not designed for snaps or vecro, but there are some ideas around for how to do it. I make them with snappieable fabric outer to make them a nice snug fit.

Cris
EDD 1/7/06

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I have made several poopockets and find the gussets easy. I have added snaps to some of them and made on of them into a true pocket (still one size). I am gonna also try making one into a fitted without the gussets and see how that goes. I hope to get to that one tomorrow. But then again my honey boy pattern just came in the mail so who knows; I may just start on that one???

Here are some pics of my first poopocket:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b399/hssusie/PooPockets/
Here is the same pattern just turned into a true pocket dipe:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b399/h...ket-Poopocket/

I have fun coming up with all kinds of variations.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I could have written the OP myself, I'm in the same situation. I looked at both patterns and I'm leaning towards the poopockets, but the mama I'm making them for REALLY wants snaps, but I'm a little leary of just throwing a pile of snaps on willy nilly, is there a snap template floating around cyberspace for these things?

·
Banned
2,018 Posts
Nope, but I've put snaps on PooPockets. I actually did them like the Mother-Ease snaps - a short row of sockets facing inward at the top and a longer row of sockets facing outward under the short row. Then you can fold the top down, expose the short row and wrap the wings around to secure. When the baby grows, you can flip the top back up and use the second row of snaps.

Lettseee - like so:

(pooh, the post messes up my spacing - imagine top row centered over bottom row)

You could face both rows outward and hide the caps then just fold the top portion over forward under the cover when using the bottom row.

Does that make sense?

HOWEVER, if you're using the regular sized PooPockets on a newborn, this doesn't work so well because you need to fold the wings down too until they grow into the diaper more. So, I'd leave snaps off altogether and use the diaper like so: http://newconceptions.com/fitted2.htm - just using the wrap to secure, and then later add snaps or velcro.

·
Registered
371 Posts
hum.... well, she does plan on using sposies for the first couple of months, but her first baby was a very slow grower... perhaps a second row of snaps on the tabs facing outwards so they can be snapped up like the newborn fold?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.