Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there, new to Morris County NJ and trying to find a midwife. Any thoughts about One to One Female Care in Morristown? They're the only ones I can find who may deliver at Overlook/Morristown Memorial.

TIA!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I had my son at Overlook, and though I wound up with an unplanned c-section, I did find that my hospital stay was quite comfortable. They have good LCs on staff, many private rooms, rooming in, fathers can stay overnight on a pull-out bed, etc.

If you're looking for a midwife though, you might want to look into Marla Scott, of Midwives of Denville. Her practice has changed recently (her partner retired) and she's now with an OB's office in Denville and they deliver at St. Clare's in Dover (which just recently built a new mother/child facility that looks wonderful - http://www.saintclares.org/services/...d/default.asp).
I think I've seen Marla post here before as well.

·
Registered
835 Posts
My stay at overlook was quite comfortable, they are pretty easy going. Except for one nurse with a bit of an attitude. My Dr. was great. I had my daughter there and then twins naturally. I don't have a problem telling them what I want to happen, most are compliable. They stayed in the NICU for 10 days, although some nurses were fantastic in there, some were a little sceptical about us doing things more naturally (whole other story). They do have great LC. My SIL recently had her daughter, she had a great nurse Tara. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4daughters
My SIL recently had her daughter, she had a great nurse Tara.
Tara was my recovery nurse! She is awesome, even though I had a c/s she made me comfortable very quickly and then went to go push them to let me have my son. I nursed him there in the recovery room within about 45 minutes of his birth, which was such a blessing -- I know that's not usually the case after a c/s. She was just wonderful and my family can't say enough good things about her as well.

We also had one L&D nurse who was really cranky and kept telling me I'd have to have pitocin, and luckily my mom was there to tell her we'd wait to hear it from the dr, thank you. (No, I never did have pitocin.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.