Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ds2 has 5 teeth that all came in pretty normally. The six tooth has been coming in for months now! It's poking out, but just not coming out all the way. Right as it was breaking the surface he went through a few days of being miserable from teething, so bad that I ended up giving him Motrin, which I've never given him before. The poor kid was screaming in misery, and fell asleep after it kicked in. Then there were a few little spots of blood, but nothing serious. He doesn't seem to now have any discomfort, there is no sign of swelling or anything out of the ordinary. But it's still just sitting there, poking out but not coming in.

Is it normal for a tooth to take this long to come in?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
My daughter had a heck of a time getting teeth #5 and #6 in. It took about 2 1/2 months. I was able to feel them just under the surface for weeks (but not poking out). Then after it poked through, they did take much longer than her other teeth to work all the way out.

It's probably normal, but if you're concerned, you could talk to a dentist to be sure. Hopefully someone else here has some wisdom to share.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts