Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ds (just turned 11) has mostly unschooled in the past. He has an absolute mania for computers though, and has worked his way through the first third of The Gamemakers Apprentice workbook in the last 6 months. He can spend hours working on this program, to the point that I wonder what else might be online for older kids that would interest him. (The Gamemakers Apprentice is a workbook and cd-rom that teaches you to create video games, advancing in complexity as you work through the program. The reading level is on par with those "The Idiot's Guide to...." books, it's the same sized book, and then the computer work is done on the software that comes with the book).<br><br>
I think he'd really enjoy online games that were very engaging and interactive. This might be a good way for him to learn some traditional subjects, if it interested him.<br><br>
Do you have any great learning websites for the 9-12 year old crowd?

·
Premium Member
5,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
shameless bump

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Check out the links on our website. My kids are younger but if I run across anything that looks interesting I through it in there!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Check out <a href="http://www.cogito.org" target="_blank">www.cogito.org</a>, a website by and for kids into math and science. It has a searchable database that might be helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts