Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Can anyone suggest some online schools for me? I like Birth Arts International but not sure if that is widely recognized. I'd like to work as a  post-partum doula, childbirth and bf educator while dc are small and I need a flexible schedule. Eventually- as in if a single mother can figure out childcare- I'd like to be a mw.</p>

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
<p>I went with Childbirth Int'l.  They offer certifications for all that you listed above.  I really liked the programs and feel they were a good stepping stone for going on to midwifery.</p>

·
Registered
289 Posts
<p>i also went through Childbirth International (for birth doula certification) and was extremely happy with them :)</p>

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
<p>i have my birth, postpartum, and CBE with Childbirth international and i totally recomend them!  They also have a new BF course and are working on a few others (waiting for  the VBAC support one!)  i've actually found that parents tend to not really care who you train with... or if you even trained at all so training is mostly about you getting the education you need. </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>TOTALLY online! Self paced. when i started i was also a single working mother and i live in AK so going to a in person training program was just not gonna happen.</p>
<p> </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts