Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are trying to raise some cash to help a friend who rescued a 5 month old Boxer puppy who was horribly neglected. My friend who rescued him is on a fixed income (her husband is retired and she is a social worker/artist) and will need help with the vet bills. The puppy will also need a home in about a month's time, so if you know of someone in FL who doesn't mind being heavily interrogated and screened, and would make a good doggy parent, pm me.

All prices are postage paid. I will be adding items as I can get them up.

See pictures here: http://home.earthlink.net/~heathergreen96/

Freehand Baby Carrier $35.00 postage paid

New Native Baby Carrier $15.00 postage paid

Signed Penquin Print $12.00 postage paid

Womens/Juniors Hawaiian Island Creations (HIC) Board Shorts New With Tags Size 3 $15 postage paid

Large Antique Citrine? (it's yellow) Ring $75 postage paid

· Registered
8,340 Posts
Sorry mama, I can't afford to buy anything, but I wish I could help, that just breaks my heart
. We have a 7 yr old boxer, she's such a sweetheart. Poor little guy, wish I could take him.

Best of luck to you, your friend & that little puppy.

· Registered
4,343 Posts
Quote:
EVC St. Petersburg.
Ah, I was thinking of my parents, but that's probably a little far

I LOVE the mei tei--I need to think about it, though (money's tight at the moment). Hmmmm.....

· Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just wanted to post a quick update on Clifford. He is now at his foster home to recuperate and doing really well. He has other dogs to play with (including his sister, Cleo) and lots of people love. The rescuer has already had 4 offers for homes for him when he is well enough. The police unit that handles dog fighting is investigating and determined to rescue the other dogs and arrest the bad guys. The vet is giving my friend a break on some of the vet bills (his own pet is a rescued fight dog), so things won't be quite as expensive as they could have been. So far, things are turning out quite as well as they could have in this situation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.