Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DD will be 10 months on Wednesday and lately it has been hell trying to get her down for her morning nap. She seems really tired but she won't settle. She gets up around 7 am and used to go down between 9:30-10:00 am and nap for 30-60 minutes and then go down again around 1:30 pm and nap 30-60 minutes. It is now 11:06 am and I have still not been able to get her down for her morning nap. She is obviously tired but just seems to excitable to sleep. My first took two naps a day until 21 months! Could she actually be ready for only one nap a day?

· Registered
4,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well she ended up napping from 11:00-11:30 and then fell asleep in the car for 15 minutes around 2:30 but that's it. She is upstairs dancing with her brother and sister so I guess she's not overtired. She does go to bed very early, at 6 pm so maybe she doesn't need 2 naps anymore. Bummer!

· Registered
4,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My older two just stopped napping in September at almost 4 and 5.5 years old! They were starting to take until 9:30 pm to go to bed so we chose to cut it out. Now they are fast asleep by 7:30 pm. Even now one or the other of them will ask if they can nap but we usually discourage it because we know they will be up really late. I am shocked that she seems to need such little sleep compared to the other two!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.