Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,<br><br>
i am wondering if anyone here can recommend an open-minded ped in the boston area. we live southwest of boston - in medfield. i am looking for a ped who would be comfortable with delaying vax and selective vax. my ds is already past his 2 mo. visit where i told our ped i wanted to delay vax. they let me (cause they have to) but were not at all supportive and tried to pressure and scare me a bit. it was frustrating and i would like to be working with a ped who i felt more comfortable with. if anyone has any recommendations i would really appreciate it!<br><br>
thanks

·
Registered
922 Posts
I don't have an answer for you, but I was actually going to post the same question...hopefully someone will reply!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
My suggestion would be to look for a Family Practice dr rather than a pediatrician. They tend to be more open minded. I live in Southeast MA so I can't help you, but call around to some FP and ask to speak to a nurse or PA, ask them if the office accepts non-vaxing patients. Good luck!

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
We see Dr. Janet L. Levatin in Brookline (on Beacon St. right over the Boston city line, and on the green line). She does not vax at all except that she special orders single tetanus if you want it. She also prescribes homeopathy before jumping to traditional prescription meds.<br>
Also many people see Dr. Berkowitz-Shelton in Somerville (Davis Sq. on the red line) and he (soon to be a she) is very accomodating about alternative care.<br><br>
- Krista

·
Registered
940 Posts
Is Brookline too much of a hassle for you? Dr. Janet Levitan is not only cool with no vaxing, I've heard she won't even do all of them. She has a website but I can;t seem to locate it-- nak.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
brookline is a bit far if i could find something closer. has anyone actually used dr. levatin and can say she is good? we already have a homeopath we work with...<br><br>
thanks for all the ideas!

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>hartmama</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">brookline is a bit far if i could find something closer. has anyone actually used dr. levatin and can say she is good? we already have a homeopath we work with...<br><br>
thanks for all the ideas!</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
We've used her as our pediatrician for both our boys, and will continue for baby #3. She has longer appointments than most doctors and a cozy office (not white and sterile looking). She can be kind of abrupt sometimes in her bedside manner, but she's very knowledgable and very pro-breastfeeding. Plus she's a vegetarian, which for us was important since we are raising our children on a vegan diet.<br>
There's someone else up in Lexington, but I forget her name. I overheard her name at a Sprouts (MA vegetarian potluck/playgroup) get together, but I'm not sure if she's taking new patients. I'll try to ask at next month's potluck if I make it there.<br><br>
- Krista

1 - 7 of 7 Posts