Mothering Forum banner

Open minded pediatrician in PDX

488 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  jennlindsey 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and expecting a baby at the end of April. I am wondering if any of you out there can give me some information on natural pediatricians out there. I'd like an MD who is open minded. I live on the NE side, but it's ok if the pediatrician/family med doc is a little bit farther away.

I am an acupuncurist myself and would prefer some natural healthcare for my baby.

THANKS!

#2 ·
you mentioned you would like an MD, but i wanted to suggest a naturopath (ND) who specializes in children. jennifer means has an office in tigard right off hwy 217, and i think she has another one somewhere in portland, too, but not sure where. some of the other mamas here have gone to see her, too, so maybe they know?

wishing you a peaceful pregnancy and a safe & beautiful birth...

warmly,
claudia

#3 ·
You will hear it from others here and other natural parenting oriented sites, but Monique Pritchard at OHSU Sellwood/Moreland Clinic is wonderful. We adore her. I don't know if she is accepting patients or not. We have delayed vaxing and done no more than one at a time. She is totally cool with that and is open to and suggests natural therapies. I know an acupuncturist who takes her kiddos there. She thanks us for using cloth diapers. She is just the greatest.

#4 ·
Jassy,
Joe Sullivan is at Providence Medical Group Cascade (503.215.6480) and is wonderful. Definitely medical, but very respectful of my decisions about everything, and open minded. Last I knew, he wasn't taking new patients, but you may be able to get on a waiting list. I've also heard great things about Monique Pritchard from my patients. If you're interested in ND's, I can recommend four: Ed Hoffman-Smith, Jen Gibbons, Susan Allen, and Meredith Distante. Good luck!

#6 ·
We have Monique Pritchard at OHSU Sellwood, too! We
her! She is very AP and definitely the best MD of any sort I have ever met. I hear it's hard to get in as a new patient, unless you have a newborn. So you should qualify!

for Dr. Pritchard.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

#10 ·
Awesome recommendations from everyone! I'm on the westside, so I'm going to keep an eye out for anybody there, but also definitely going to check out Monique Pritchard ... how early before your kiddos were born did you register with a ped? (Not gonna do it now at 12 weeks, lol ... I mean how close to the birth as opposed to after!)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.