Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My 20 yo is off to Africa on a mission trip. He was vac'ed til 5yo, when I learned a bit more. My next were not. Obviously he is encouraged (required) to get everything... he had an MMR reacttion at 15 mo to MMR, fever, high pitch wail, red at site, etc. Ended up with add and addiction situations we attribute to vac.<br>
Anyway, I am desperate for all input. He is a man now. I've encouraged him to do what he feels necessary. He will be in a rural area where malaria is prevelent for construction and also in slum area for 2 1/2 wks.<br>
The mama awaits any reply.<br>
JoyH

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
Well, as he is an adult, I can't think of any vaccinations that might prove useful. I think his safest bet is to try to keep as clean as possible, drink purified water. and wear lots of bug repellant to keep the mosquitoes (malaria carriers) away. I'd be a little more concerned if he was a young child because in some areas, polio still exists. There's no vaccine, to my knowledge, for malara available just some huge pills to take weeks before travel to prevent it. Hope someone else can give more suggestions/help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts