Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! My DS (16months) starts at the Goddard School King Farm next week. I was so excited for him. After much on-line research and visiting a couple of schools - I choose this one for my son, immediately drawn to the facility and those we met.

I went on-line today to grab the phone number and make a quick call, when I came across numerous postings on other web boards about people pulling their children out of that facility (about a year ago and on-going) and I'm suddenly feeling nervous about where I am sending my little one.

He's been at home with me since birth, but I just took on a large volume of high profile work and need to put him in organized care a few days a week for 5-6 hours b/c I can't manage it during nap time anymore. I was willing to pay the higher premium for what appeared to be high quality of care. Could I have misjudged the place that much??? Should I already look for something else??

If anyone has any additional info, comments suggestions - I would love to hear from you!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I use to work at a Goddard school (different location). Did the boards say why they pulled the children? WHat was the issue? It was better the a lot of previous placeses I worked. I tought there for almost 2 years before baby #2 came along.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that - I felt really good about the school and our visit last week so I'm trying to stay focused on that and not letting myself be influenced by what could be just a few people out of many with a bad expereince. If I recall, it seemed that the problems were largely with either the infant room or the owner of the facility. My son won't be in the infant rooms - and I'm not sure we'll have any issues requiring a great deal of interaction with the owner. I'm more concerned about his room and teachers - and I met 2 out of 3 of them and they were reassuring to me and encouranging to him. I will keep a close watch on him and his behavior to see his reactions - I can read him pretty well if he had a good time or not (when he has a good time with a sitter he is very chatty and happy, if he didn't, he's reserved and quiet - thankfully we have found and continue to hire the sitter that makes him happy!) Also, a number of the posts were by "anonymous" which could be the same person, holding a grudge and making a lot of posts. As with any situtation, with so many people, everyone can have a different experience. My husband like to remind me that at least 5 other neighbors have used a same contractor we did and were happy with the job done - we were not happy - just had a bad expereince with them. So I'm keeping an open mind!

·
Registered
103 Posts
No experience with that Goddard location, but my youngest was at a different Goddard location and I can't say enough good things about it. He loved it there and would have continued there for kindergarten if they offered it at that location. As it is, we still use it as filler for days when school is closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts