Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had an early ultrasound last week just to make sure things looked okay since I had a miscarriage four months ago. I thought I was 7 weeks, baby was showing up at about 6 weeks. Probably just ovulated late, is what I'm thinking since I was having 34 day cycles. My OB wants to do another one next Thursday and I'm just not sure if I should or not. I am doing this without insurance, for one thing, and that is just one more possibly unnecessary expense. And I'm kind of figuring that either this one is going to stick or not, it's already been decided and no amount of peeking will change that. On the other hand, the fact that baby was possibly one week behind is making me nervous and question my decision making ability. What would you do?? I really don't want to face another loss, especially at 13 weeks like last time.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Hmm... I think you should just wait it out. Especially since you are paying out of pocket. If your baby is 1 week behind, so what? All babies do develop differently, even that early, or so I have read. If you are seeing an OB for care I would have them change your EDD so it reflects that so you won't be induced early JIC. Like you have said no amount of peeking will change any outcome but I certainly understand why you would do it if it was causing you a great deal of anxiety. Of course my .02 is coming from a UP viewpoint so you can take it with a grain of salt!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lanie, that's what I have been leaning towards. It's just so hard to know what the best thing to do is! He did already change my due date, and there is no possible way they are inducing me early. I already plan on being a pain in the a** patient if I have to. After having a homebirth with a midwife last time and doing tons of research before making that decision, there is nothing that the medical establishment can bully me into!

·
Registered
874 Posts
If you had cylces running a week longer, it makes perfect sense that the baby might be a week younger. If you're paying out of pocket, I wouldn't see the necessity. You're right, looking isn't going to affect whether the baby sticks or not. But good luck with your pregnancy, it sounds like you probably ovulated late and your baby is right on track!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I agree that if you were having 34 day cycles that you more than likely ovulated more like day 20 instead of day 14, just about a week later than the little wheel would show according to your lmp. I usually have 33-34 day cycles too, when my body is deciding to be somewhat regular that is, and my actual due date is never in line with what the wheel would say according to my lmp.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
SInce you just had an u/s, would your OB be willing to wait another week or so to see development changes?? I agree, also, that no amount of peeking will change the outcome of stickiness, but it may put your mind at ease.<br><br>
Let us know what you decided upon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts