Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Yeah, you can't really rely on OPK's for birth control, because they don't predict ovulation soon enough to stop relations in time. I think this was even mentioned in TCOYF....but I could be wrong.

I'm having a hard time with my charting, too, as my signs seem to be pretty off-kilter due to nursing. But I DO make it a priority to take my temp every day - I set the alarm on my watch, take my temp when it goes off (I keep my digital thermometer with a memory function under my pillow), then go back to sleep.

I also bought the Ovusoft charting software, and I really like that a lot - it detected a thermal shift that I never would have caught! It's not meant to be used for BC either, but I figure it was worth my money just to have an easier way to keep track of my charts - it's a big think when you have a toddler that likes to run off with chart & pencil whenever he finds it!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.