Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 2 day positive OPK, then a negative day (tested 2x that day) then the day following the negative I had ewcm...then the following day a temperature shift. SSo, Im assuming I Oed the day I had ewcm, since the shift happened the next day. But, the O day I had a neg OPK. From my chart, it looks like I had a decrease in LH before Oing? Is that possible?

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Well, remember that OPK's detect the hormone surge that happens BEFORE you O. So, it's entirely possible that you O'd that day and had a neg OPK because the surge was complete and on it's way down. You never know what time of the day you O'd. Had you taken an OPK that same day an hour before you O'd, it probably would've been +. As soon as you O, it's negative. GL to you and HTH!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh Tara, now I AM confused!<br>
Apparently I asked the same question 2 months in a row, and you answered them both. But...I guess Im confused as to when the LH goes away. It seems like I am consistently getting a +OPK, and then -OPK at least 2 days before my O day. Is it typical to get a few negative days before the actual O day? The surge of LH pushes the egg out of the follicle, so I thought it would stay high until the egg is actuallly released? Oye vey!<br><br>
Just fyi, I am trying to dtd as close to O day as possible, to attempt for a boy, (no flames, please) and Im charting a few cycles before giving it a go. We plan on having many children, but figured it would be fun to see if we actually can influence it. Unless....I cant figure out my cycle!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts