Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 36 weeks today. She's been head down for a couple of weeks and has even dropped a bit. The last two weeks or so, she was pretty much always OA, although usually to one side or the other. It seemed like she'd favor one side for a few days, then the other.<br><br>
Ever since about Friday (it's now Wednesday), she's been posterior. My sitting/sleeping habits haven't changed, except that the last few days, I've been on all fours or backwards-sitting more often trying to get her to roll over!<br><br>
She seems to kick a lot more when I'm lying/leaning forward. I don't know if that means she's trying to help. It almost feels like she's fighting it. I wish I knew what was going on in there! Any words of encouragement or suggestion?

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
My third was posterior the day before she was born and I spent the labor with her posterior - she rotated when my waters broke. If you are worried I would seek a chiropractor that is certified in the Webster technique to help bring her to the optimal birthing positon. My posterior labor was my easiest of the four so it's not something that I worry about for future births. However, I did see a chiro regularly with #4.<br><br>
Keri

·
Banned
2,411 Posts
Here's a great website with excercises for helping to try and turn babies if you are interested.<br><br><a href="http://www.spinningbabies.com/index.html" target="_blank">http://www.spinningbabies.com/index.html</a>

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Try getting on hands and knees a lot or leaning over from the hips and leaning on counter or table. This will help the baby turn. And whatever you do, don't let anyone artificially break your water. The baby's head can get wedged in the wrong position and cause your labor to be extremely long and painful. This happened to my SIL and she tore vertically all the way up her vagina to her cervix when the baby finally did turn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts