·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a search with no success at all.<br>
surprising actually. Isnt oral candida common?<br><br>
anyhow.<br>
im looking for some natural remedies for this.<br>
right now im supplementing my babe 10 months with acidophilus (coating my nipples) and using oil of oregano 2 drops to 1 teaspoon olive oil and dabbing around his mouth with a q tip.<br>
It seems to be clearing up but does anyone have any advice, suggestions.<br>
i know about sugar and yeast and have been cutting back.<br>
he barely eats solids so would he have gotten it from me? probably eh?

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
It is very common. The best natural remedy I have found is acidopholus powder (from health food store) mixed with water - rub in baby's mouth several times a day.

·
Registered
754 Posts
acidopholus pills. lots of Vit C.<br>
I was using gentian violet (I read this and cannot find the article found it <a href="http://www.bflrc.com/newman/breastfeeding/gentviol.htm" target="_blank">http://www.bflrc.com/newman/breastfeeding/gentviol.htm</a>. VERY messy and will stain clothing) and it seemed to help my oral thrush. I also put it on my nipples but my son didn't like the taste. I also put in on my son's tongue as well as my own. I also brush often with hydorgen peroxide. I also have a bottle of peppermint oil that I use if I am out and can't get to my toothbrush. I wipe the oil on my gums. Its suppose to kill bacteria so why not and it makes me smell good. Does any of this work right away nope. I am still battling it and we are going on week three.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I would be very careful if you decide to use gentian violet on your baby. My daughter's mouth completely blistered up but I couldn't see it because the stuff stained her mouth totally purple. It ended up being very serious so that she couldn't nurse but it was too painful. I was especially upset because the nurse didn't warn me of these possible side effects.

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
funny though, gentian violet sounds so pleasant to me. I did some research and contacted the local LLL leader and decided against the gentian violet.<br>
hmmm. Vitamin C?<br>
I read a vitamin C paste could be made and put on the affected area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts