Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, let's see if anyone still reads these forums...ha.

Anyway, before people die, they can sign up to be organ donors. Generally, this is for hearts, lungs, etc.

I was wondering if foreskin counts. What about the penis in general, although I know that's not how gender-reassignment works, but now I'm sort of wondering if that could be the next step.

But if they're taking lungs and hearts and kidneys and all (which I'm not opposed to), why not take a foreskin? The guy would be dead anyway, but that could also be practice, of sorts.

·
Registered
402 Posts
before people die, they can sign up to be organ donors...
wondering if foreskin counts.
Since you brought it up, I'll confess that my intact dad was recently in the hospital and potentially going into organ failure, and it crossed my mind whether I would risk surgery for a transplant should his foreskin become available.

·
Registered
978 Posts
These forums have been deathly quiet for a while and I have to admit that I wonder why. Circumcision is still big business for the North American medical community.

There was a joke decades ago about penis transplants! However I think you are on to a great idea with foreskin transplants. As terrified as I am of surgical procedures, that is one I would be interested in. Joking aside, I think a foreskin transplant would be far easier than a heart or kidney, although the main impediment might be the neural connections.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's definitely a sort of mental bridge when you're talking about penile/foreskin transplants vs other organs being transplanted. You'd probably have to match up the same skin tone. Not just white or black or anything else, but I'd imagine it would be like trying to match paint.

As far as the forums, I think a lot of old-style forums like these have sort of been "replaced" by things like Reddit or social media outlets. I'm not really a fan of Reddit, because if people know my name there, they can follow me around to other groups where certain thoughts may not want to become known by people of those groups.

·
Registered
978 Posts
There's definitely a sort of mental bridge when you're talking about penile/foreskin transplants vs other organs being transplanted.

I think you are right . People don't bat an eye at most other cosmetic procedures, but as soon as one mentions being pissed at having their foreskin whacked off and wanting it back, they look at you like you've got two heads. Weird.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're not wrong, but I was referring to walking around with someone else's foreskin attached to your penis. It's not exactly like it's their heart or lung, but their penis.

·
Registered
978 Posts
You're not wrong, but I was referring to walking around with someone else's foreskin attached to your penis. It's not exactly like it's their heart or lung, but their penis.
You are quite correct - there is more than a subtle difference !! Even assuming a suitable donor, the challenge would be finding a skilled surgeon who would be willing to do it. Many doctors don't even seem to be able to accept that some men are angry about being circumcised.

I wonder how Foregen is making out in their quest to develop tissue regeneration technology in order to allow men to regain a foreskin.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are quite correct - there is more than a subtle difference !! Even assuming a suitable donor, the challenge would be finding a skilled surgeon who would be willing to do it. Many doctors don't even seem to be able to accept that some men are angry about being circumcised.

I wonder how Foregen is making out in their quest to develop tissue regeneration technology in order to allow men to regain a foreskin.
I totally forgot about Foregen!

What seems ironic about that is that they're using infant foreskin to help grow skin off those stem cells right? (If I understand that right, that is.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts