1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
18,527 Posts
so, if an article attacking vaccine critics is published in a right-wing publication, the comments will attack people for being left-wing and anti-science. If, on the other hand, a similar article appears in a left-wing publication, the comments will attack people for being right-wing religious nuts and anti-science.

They need to coordinate better.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
"at least the millions of parents who are vaccinating their kids are making the exact same decisions"

Hahaha, good one. The CDC's reasons for not studying the unvaccinated is the hugest load of crap I've ever heard. It's like they're totally not interested at all in learning about the health of the unvaccinated. Riddle me this, if the majority of unvaccinated kids were sick and unhealthy, would the CDC would use that against us? I am certain they would. It would be the #1 argument! No, the majority of unvaccinated kids are healthy, just look at Eisenstein's practice Homefirst. They are healthy, have far fewer cases of asthma, and most are unvaccinated. Start with volunteers from that group--a group of Americans who are doing something right.

That organic broccoli was the stupidest example ever. They need to come up with a believable reason, because nothing Ms.Wharton said made sense. The CDC needs to try harder. We're not buying the lies and excuses.

·
Registered
24,486 Posts
I do not believe that any of the nonvaxed families in the HomeFirst Practice will volunteer to be vaccinated in any long term, double blind study.

They, I believe, would prefer to stay non vaccinated and studied, from afar. Just my opinion.

Reactions: mocha frappuccino

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I meant that they should be studied to find out how they are so healthy. What are their cooking and eating habits? Do they exercise more? What are they doing that is so different than the rest of the country, and how is it that they are healthier? Is the only difference that they don't vaccinate, or are they doing something extra?

Like Samaxtics said, "perhaps the pro-vax organic veggie eating people could petition the CDC and let them know that they exist and would be happy to take part". Find out what the novax people are doing, find a group of vaccinating people who do the same thing, and then compare the health of the two groups. For instance, find people from both groups who eat good clean food, take vitamins, exercise, rarely eat out/drink sodas/artificial sweeteners, etc. Get two groups who live similar lifestyles, all except for the issue of vaccinating, and then compare. It would be interesting to see the results!

·
Registered
24,486 Posts
We all ready know that the CDC, AMA, FDA, and NIH do not care about that, but they should.

There is nothing that these healthy people are doing that will make an extravagant, profitable living for these bureaucrats.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if the majority of unvaccinated kids were sick and unhealthy, would the CDC use that against us? I am certain they would.
Exactly.

A lot of work/money is put into hiding the results of studies they don't want. They'd be running over each other to release data that shows unvax kids are unhealthier than vaxed.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
No, but she is using the excuse that parents who don't vaccinate might also live a lifestyle that is vastly different from parents who do vaccinate. She used the hypothetical example of eating organic and avoiding pesticides, which would be a factor that could nullify the results of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated research. If the unvaccinating parents do something so different from vaccinating parents (such as eat organic broccoli), then how would they determine if the health of the children is a result of the vax status and not the unique lifestyle?

Which brings up the point that you should compare two groups who follow similar lifestyles in terms of eating habits, exercise, etc. Again, they could really do a study if they wanted to, and it is painfully obvious that they don't want to!

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funny how they don't have a problem using studies from other countries though to use as representative of the US, like Danes, and (French)Canadians.

Dr. Melinda's eyes do a lot of rapid blinking in that interview. Usually a sign of porkies under construction.:wink:

·
Registered
18,527 Posts
I love that they can do a study in Bangladesh and use that to justify vaccines during pregnancy in the US, but comparing children in the US with different lifestyles is utterly impossible.

Alas, no one will ever listen to us, except to use snooping places like this to construct better defenses for the vaccine paradigm.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Because those who don't vax couldn't possibly be doing all of these "other things" from an educated standpoint and an understanding that health doesn't come in a vial and that it's take a whole host of different things to be "healthy"......oh no! The unvaxxed and their organic eating ways are throwing off the studies again! Next they will say they can't do studies because nvers all go 'no poo' and the difference in shampoo use will fudge the numbers....

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
And they still claim fluoride is not harmful, despite the findings and the fact that many other countries do not fluoridate the water supply. Well meaning doctors, nurses, dentists, then recommend this to patients, because they are just doing what they were taught. There needs to be a massive change in the entire system. It is all connected at the beginning levels, in educational institutions, and this is where the problems begin. The medical professionals who are in direct contact with patients are the last to know and the last to change. This is why I quit blindly following them long ago!

·
Registered
24,486 Posts
The medical professionals who are in direct contact with patients are the last to know and the last to change.
Yes, and Dr. Mendelsohn, 40 yrs ago, noted that members of doctors' families are more likely to suffer from medical interventions also because of their strong beliefs in the "religion". A lot of group think is involved here.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Had organic broccoli (from local farm) as part of dinner twice last week. Yum.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Does it annoy you that people assume only novax parents enjoy organic and healthy nutrition? It seems like there is a strange line being drawn between nutrition and vaccines--that if you eat organic and nonGMO, you must also be an antivaccine nut. Why can't people of any vax status also eat clean food? Vaccinate or not, everyone should strive to eat better food. It could help us all! I think it is a big mistake to group nutrition with vax status.

·
Registered
18,527 Posts
I agree. Stereotypes are insulting and frequently inaccurate. For one thing, people may start worrying about vaccine safety first and then gradually make other changes in lifestyle and, on the other hand, people may be concerned about pesticides and not be concerned about vaccines. There is no standard model of vaccine questioning parent nor a standard model of vaccine compliant parent.

Plus there is the locavore movement!

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree there is a broad spectrum and for a variety of reasons.

BUT...isn't what Dr. Wharton really saying is that the reason unvaccinated children are healthier could possibly be due to eating organic food? She was looking for reasons unvaccinated children could be healthier than the vaccinated group; not the other way around.

Aren't some of the ingredients in vaccines genetically engineered? And if you eat organics because you have concerns about the toxic effects of pesticides, wouldn't you have concerns about the neurotoxins in vaccines?

If someone tells you they don't vaccinate, you wouldn't be shocked to find that they also ate organic. Many of the vocal defenders of vaccines that blog or comment around the net, defend GM food. So although it isn't right to pigeon hole people, it's not surprising that assumptions are made. :2cents

1 - 20 of 30 Posts