Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headline is "Wal-Mart Sued Over Food Labels," but they didn't really get sued, there was just a complaint filed against them with the USDA.

One interesting piece is near the end

Quote:
It also said several stores had included non-organic products such as tofu, egg-roll wrappers and juice in a cooler designated for organic produce.
I'm writing an article about organics at walmart for my environmental writing class & corporate refused to talk to me, saying they didn't have time for student interviews, so I went to the local store to see if I could find the produce manager & talk to him/her. Where I live, in Eugene OR, the organics are mixed with the ethnic foods just like the article says, and when I asked the produce manager about it, he said, "it's not supposed to be like that, but we have to make the best use of the space we have." I now realize why they really didn't want to talk to me.
: And this will be in the article, hehehe.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...111401092.html

·
Registered
722 Posts
I am in the UK but our ASDA supermarket is owned by Walmart. In the last month they have changed their displays around so there is a definite "organic" section now but the quality is awful. These are fruit/veg which have spent months/years sitting in a warehouse. I doubt there are many nutrients left in them. Certainily not what I would class as "organic" at all

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.