Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want an art rich environment at home for my DS who is 2. We have fingerpaints, big paper, crayons, do-a-dot markers...etc. He gets very animated when we do art projects together. I want to both increase my supplies and ideas for things to do, but also want suggestions for how to organize all the stuff. Anyone have an great suggestions or ideas for both supplies I need to have on hand and how to keep it all together?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I love the montessori way of putting each project on a tray or basket and having a small bookshelf for them. Works great for markers, crayons, cutting station, collage. That way it's accessible. I personally keep the painting supplies out of sight unless I'm up for the task. Paper is a little harder to organize. I'd keep it with the paint. Having smaller pieces of paper in a little paper file on the shelf would work. You could have a little easel set up next to the shelf, or a small table and chairs. I much prefer DS to use watercolors and a brush over finger paints. Dry tempera cakes are really handy too.<br>
Have fun!

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
We re-use food containers for crayons, etc. like we have a ton of <a href="http://www.justtomatoes.com/organic_dried_fruit.html" target="_blank">these containers</a> and they're great, since they're clear and easy to get the lids snapped on and off. And have small Rubbermaid type bins with lids for larger stuff. The bins stack, which is nice, but you can also leave the lids off for easy access.<br><br>
We've got some nice baskets, but they're not as easy to keep clean as the plastic bins, so we don't use the baskets for art stuff anymore.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
We use a rubbermaid type "dresser" that has 3 drawers. One drawer for paper, another for crayons, markers, etc., another drawer for paints...you get the idea. It's worked pretty well so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts