Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin is pregnant and really wants a doula - for a hospital birth. Any info on local doulas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Maggie McCarthy. She is so worth her weight in gold!! When you get her you get so much more then a doula. She is a licensed Massage Therapist, certified Doula with DONA, certified HypnoBirthing practitioner, certified Naturopath and Nutritional Counselor. She has been in the business for over 10 years. <a href="http://www.gentlehealingtouch.com" target="_blank">www.gentlehealingtouch.com</a>

·
Registered
662 Posts
I second Maggie McCarthy. She's fantastic. Both my husband and I think she's terrific. I had a hospital birth with her in April of this year.<br><br>
She's got great energy, she knows her stuff, and she's just all kinds of supportive-she knew when to throw my husband out for a while (which I needed) and when to step in and talk to me, and she knew how to help him help me.<br><br>
My husband is sitting here, rattling on and on about how awesome it was that she was there with him for so many hours (I had a long labor) and claims that he'd never want to have another birth without her. (Actually his response was far more along the lines of "H*lls No.") He also said, "She brings a really cool-like cool, calm, collected energy to things, like 'Hi I'm Maggie and I know what I'm doing' to everything and it was really reassuring."<br><br>
I also will throw her name out there as a fantastic massage therapist, if your cousin is looking for one. I credit the combination of massage and chiropractic adjustment with the reason I felt so physically good during my pregnancy.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I spoke with Maggie this afternoon, and she said that it was fine to go ahead and post her number here, so I'm going to suggest that your cousin give her a call at 407-234-7482.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I will pass that info along. And file it away for MY next one since we will be moving to Orlando area soon ourselves.<br><br>
Anyone ever use Carly - not sure of her last name - who is also a Birthing From Within instructor?? My cousin has decided to take those classes and is considering using her doula services too since the relationship will already be established from classes....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts