Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another drop off I'm assuming!!! Grrrrrrrr! Two of our 3 cats were strays. Cats just seems to come to our house and say "hey! nice place you got here!"

Seriously though, my dd found a baby yesterday while pet sitting for our neighbors dog. A calico curled up on their porch. I looked up how to age a kitten and it said the bottom molars come in around 5 weeks. I don't see any molars at all, just the top incisors. I guessed 5-6 weeks yesterday but now I'm thinking 5 if that. She's SO tiny! Bony too and has teary eyes.

We are giving her wet food but thinking she needs that canned milk from the store.

I fashioned a sling from cotton guaze for my dd to wear her!
She's so tiny it's making us nervous about stepping on her.

I suppose we'll get the vet here (he comes to the house!) to worm her and do something about her one teary eye.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
You can mix her canned food with evaporated milk--then try to get her on Kitten Glop (recipe follows).

* 8 ounces water (boiled then cooled)
* 1 envelope Knox unflavored gelatin
* 8 ounces whole evaporated milk (not skim)
* 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (not low fat)
* 2 tablespoons plain yogurt (not low fat)
* 1 large or 2 small eggs yolks (raw)
* 1 teaspoon clear Karo syrup
* * 1-3 drops liquid pet vitamins
* * 1 capsule acidophilus
* * 1 drop Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE)
* * Optional, though very beneficial.

Boil the water, add the gelatin and mix well. Add the following ingredients in order, mixing well after each addition:

1/2 of the canned milk
Mayonnaise and Yogurt
Rest of the milk
All other ingredients

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.