Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think I've seen this posted before? Does anyone use oscillococcinum for Flu? If so does it work well? My Dr who is into homeopathy suggested it. Does anyone think it would help w the swine flu? She also mention colloidial (sp) silver for me but DS was escaping out the door so I could not ask her why or the benefits?

· Registered
1,157 Posts
I don't know about the swine flu. We use Oscillococcinum. If you are just starting the flu it really can prevent it from coming on, but once the flu is there it does not help. at least not from our experience

· Registered
633 Posts
My two LO's have the flu right now. I can't be certain it is the swine flu, because we haven't been to a doctor for the test, but it definitely is the flu (I've heard conflicting reports that swine flu is the only strain going around right now and I've heard that is the predominate strain of two that are currently circulating.) Both took Oscillococcinum as soon as symptoms started on Wednesday, as well as lots of sodium ascorbate. You would never know they were sick, except for longer than usual naps and a bit of a decrease in appetite!

We've all had the regular flu before and it wasn't pretty. This has been so mild--I was expecting worse with all the hype that has been reported in the media over the last several weeks.

My ds had the regular flu in January of this year and he used Oscillo for the first time and was shocked at the difference it made in how he felt and how soon he recovered as opposed to years past when he's taken nothing or Tamiflu (before we knew better!)

I would definitely recommend it based on our experience.

· Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama1803 View Post
My two LO's have the flu right now. I can't be certain it is the swine flu, because we haven't been to a doctor for the test, but it definitely is the flu (I've heard conflicting reports that swine flu is the only strain going around right now and I've heard that is the predominate strain of two that are currently circulating.) Both took Oscillococcinum as soon as symptoms started on Wednesday, as well as lots of sodium ascorbate. You would never know they were sick, except for longer than usual naps and a bit of a decrease in appetite!

We've all had the regular flu before and it wasn't pretty. This has been so mild--I was expecting worse with all the hype that has been reported in the media over the last several weeks.

My ds had the regular flu in January of this year and he used Oscillo for the first time and was shocked at the difference it made in how he felt and how soon he recovered as opposed to years past when he's taken nothing or Tamiflu (before we knew better!)

I would definitely recommend it based on our experience.

How old are your Lo's and how much SA do you use for them? DS is almost 3 and I think the dose is half w the Oscillococcinum. Also, how many dosages do you take-3 or 6 doses? I think DS won't mind taking these since they are small little pills. What symptoms did you notice in your kids when you started giving it to them? Thanks for all the info.

· Registered
633 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by es1967 View Post
How old are your Lo's and how much SA do you use for them? DS is almost 3 and I think the dose is half w the Oscillococcinum. Also, how many dosages do you take-3 or 6 doses? I think DS won't mind taking these since they are small little pills. What symptoms did you notice in your kids when you started giving it to them? Thanks for all the info.
My LOs are 6.5 years and 26 months old. For the sodium ascorbate I dose to bowel tolerance. With the Oscillo I use the 3 doses. Somewhere I remember reading that homeopathic remedies should be discontinued if no improvment is seen after 3 doses. The box that I had said it for for children ages 2 and up so they each got the full dose (one vial every 6 hours). I do know they sell a Children's version, but I don't know how the dosage differs from that of the regular version, which is what we use.

As far as symptoms go, the first thing was a dry cough and sore throat followed by a sudden onset fever a few hours later. With the fever came the body aches followed by complaints of being cold (but no chills or shivering). Now the fever is gone but the cough and sore throat persist and the cough sounds a little loose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.