Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AOL keeps kicking me off for using all the dots to get your texts. I'm getting your texts just now from about 45 minutes ago so I have no idea if you're talking or not. This is what I've got.<br><br><br>
"Anna" [2:55 P.M.]: .<br>
"Amanda" [2:55 P.M.]: what kind of sick?<br>
"Anna" [2:55 P.M.]: like dizzy sick<br>
"Anna" [2:56 P.M.]: AOL kicked me off for using so many dots.<br>
"Amanda" [2:56 P.M.]: if i didn't have an ultrasound i would be convinced there were 2 in there based on this kids movement today. she literally kicked top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right of my uterus at the exact same time.<br>
"Amanda" [2:57 P.M.]: ok i get it. i get your messages when i send something new<br>
"Anna" [2:57 P.M.]: check mdc.<br>
"Amanda" [2:57 P.M.]: hi<br>
"Anna" [2:57 P.M.]: lol<br>
"Amanda" [2:58 P.M.]: ?<br>
"Anna" [2:58 P.M.]: ?<br>
"Amanda" [2:58 P.M.]: this is a message<br>
"Amanda" [2:58 P.M.]: quit with the periods, i thought i was done with those for awhile lol<br><br><br>
..so In an hour when you get the "check mdc" IM, let me know on here and hopefully we can find some way not using AIM to talk.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
#%*#&%@ sidekick.<br><br>
I'm calling t-mobile cuz I'm fed up. if they make me pay my bill.. so be it. lol.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
ok here's the deal: t-mobile transferred me to aol (after making me pay my bill.. jerks) and after speaking to some man who didn't speak english who told me that my phone number didn't exist.. he finally transferred me to aim troubleshooting and after being on hold for 10 minutes a very nice lady told me 8bazillion people had already called in TODAY about the same problem, and that's its been going on for 2 weeks now and they are working their hardest to fix it, I'm not an isolated case and there is pretty much nothing i can do but wait.<br><br>
so moral of the story: i payed my bill for nothing. *insert angry face here*<br><br><br>
you still love me though right? even if our conversations won't make very much sense for the next who knows how long?<br><br>
i mean we usually end up having 37 conversations at once before all this happened so you'd think wed be pretty good at talking through delays lol.<br><br><br>
*sigh..<br>
no wireless internet, no sidekick..<br>
my life is over. lol.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AOL saying they're working hard at anything is pretty much.. useless.<br><br>
I only love you halfheartedly. It's just not the same Amanda. We might have to IM other people.<br><br>
When, again, with the wireless internet? Any way to hurry THAT one up? Do you want to like, try yahoo or something?

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
AOL... sucks.<br><br>
I was working tech support for a tiny division of Turner Network Television, which is owned by Time Warner, during the AOL merger. Part of it was we were required to install AOL on EVERYONE'S computer. This was, supposedly, to get us ready to start using AOL instead of Outlook for our email... but it was really to inflate their subscriber numbers.<br><br>
Anyway, AOL 6 was not in any way, shape, or form ready for Enterprise use. It argued with network cards. We had one laptop where we, literally, could NOT install AOL if the network driver was installed, and could not install the network driver if AOL was installed.<br><br>
One of our techs spent 90 minutes on the phone with one of the techs on the special helpline JUST for this rollout. After they'd tried everything, the guy said, "Well... it *should* work."<br><br>
That is now my tagline for anytime I'm totally stumped by crappy technology. And it's probably what someone working on this problem right now is saying...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts