Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to look for/ask in regards to a hospital you plan to use for illness/injury?<br>
I have read one book-Getting out of the hospital alive.Are there any other books/sites?<br><br>
I am not really sure what to ask about when I go in to inquire.My dd is 4yo and my ds is 16mo,both are unvaccinated.<br><br>
DD does go to a preschool across the street,but they don't have permission to transport.<br>
She is also in the headstart preschool program as well,and they made me sign the permission section(despite there being a denial section).<br><br>
I will probably not be taking her back though to the headstart program since they seem to have quite the agenda when it comes to health,nutrition,and development-doing whatever they want(tests and such) while the child is in their care. Like yesterday they measured and weighed all the children(without my knowledge or permission) then filled out a form about what type of child restraint should be used while in the car. They put down that she only needed the car seatbelt! Duh! For *educated* people they sure don't know much about child safety in cars.Sadly some parents will get the same form and think it is ok to not use a booster once the child is 4yo.My kids will be in the britax husky 5 point till 80lbs!<br><br>
I have to wonder what else they will do with my dd while she is in their care.That was my issue as well with emergency transport since their form left no room to detail who is to be called and where the child is taken. I filled out my own form and detailed who to call and which hospital to take her too,but I still feel I need to do/know more.<br><br>
You all know how it is when people come across an unvaccinated child in the ER(or anywhere!)<br><br>
So any advice?<br>
Sara

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Hey Sara,<br><br>
I dont know about hospitals. I j ust know its not a place i like to go. And have children partially vaxed a nd one NOT vaxed even makes the trip more dreadful should it happen.<br><br>
Yes, Headstart are buggers when id comes to what they dow hen your child is in there care.<br><br>
Let me know if you come across any good info<br>
amy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts