Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Alright, I know all of the co-sleeping guidelines when it comes to babies and I've followed them strictly since my son was born.. He's now 22 months and my mother would like to start taking him to her house for overnight visits. She's asked me if she can sleep with him in her bed between her and my step-dad(to prevent him from falling off the bed). I told her I'm not sure how I feel, although he's bigger, because sleeping in between two people seems like a hazard to me. She told me they sleep with the dog(a jack russell) and don't roll on her, but I don't know.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm just wondering when this would be safe, and what I can recommend to her instead if it isn't safe...</p>

·
Registered
546 Posts
<p>I still sleep with my 34m old.  When we travel or when she sleeps over other places, I find she surprises me with how well she sleeps on her own.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you talk to your DD and see if she would be willing to sleep on her own surface?  A PnP or maybe just a crib mattress on the floor next to Gramma and Grampa's bed?  I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with anyone but DH or me sleeping on the same surface as my child(ren).  </p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts