Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay - so I take liquid minerals, which I love and have done me a whole world of good. DD is 17 1/2 months, never vaxed, and still probably gets about 75-80% of her nutrition from BM. When would you start her on liquid minerals? Or would you?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MITB - I read both of your links, which were very interesting, btw, but the liquid minerals I take are not any of the brands that were listed, and I double checked mine to be sure, and it doesn't contain any aluminum or any of the aluminum types on the second link. It's a local mix up that comes from my area. Thanks for the info, though!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They aren't colloidal minerals. Although colloidal's are sometimes called liquid minerals, they aren't the only kind of liquid mineral's out there.

·
Banned
11,133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sebarnes
They aren't colloidal minerals. Although colloidal's are sometimes called liquid minerals, they aren't the only kind of liquid mineral's out there.
Sorry. You didn't list a name brand or ingredients so I was going by the info you did post.

If they are safe or good, maybe you can share some info?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No worries! Frankly, I didn't realize there was such a thing as colloidal minerals until I read your link, so my post was probably confusing!

They are called liquimins, and they are made by basically evaporating the water from the Great Salt Lake. So they basically contain minerals naturally found in sea water. I actually started looking into them because of some info posted my MT on this board
. I am still looking for someone to make me a custom mix, which is what MT really recommends based upon your area, but I figured something made locally in my area was better than nothing. I had horrid, horrid PPD, and when I started the liquid minerals in addition to a couple of other supplements, it disappeared in a matter of weeks. Now, if I skip a day, I can really tell the difference. When I get into the kitchen again, I can grab the bottle and post some ingredients.

I agree that dd probably doesn't need them right now; but I kind of wanted to get several opinions

1 - 9 of 9 Posts