Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
at least they are giving him a chance to appeal the decision.......which means in the meantime he can continue his alternative treatment sans chemicals.

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
So awesome. A small victory, but a victory nonetheless.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Call me a bit out of the loop, but why is Social Services involved? How did they get involved?
It's a person's free right to choose whether or not to fight cancer with chemotherapy, alternative medicine or hospice care -- when did that choice become a matter of the state???
I thought maybe his parents did not agree with his choices, I see that being an issue -- but if they support him and agree, then what is SS doing in a family affair???

·
Registered
528 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by romans_mum
the drs called them
They (the doctors) make me sick. Parents and child agree on treatment. Doctors have no more say in the matter. (If the kid was 6... Maybe... but not 16.)

I just can't comprehend thinking so highly of my own opinion as to even entertain the thought of forcing a family to go through hell in order to coerce them to comply with said opinion.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyButler
I just can't comprehend thinking so highly of my own opinion as to even entertain the thought of forcing a family to go through hell in order to coerce them to comply with said opinion.
You clearly haven't been to medical school.

That's great to hear about the family!!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Oh wow! I am sooooooo glad to hear that.

MamaInTheBoonies, you wrote the judge? Can you give me the address you sent it to? I have a thing or two to say

1 - 17 of 17 Posts