Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do you have on the needles right now? What are you thinking about working on next?

OTN for me: a punk knitter soaker for my ds2 and a scarf for my dh

Next: Washclothes for me nieces for christmas (and i am getting them a pretty bar of next smelling soap or bodywash
An earflap hat for ds2
I need to frog and fix some picky pants for ds1
Easy peasys for my dd, ds2 and niece

Whew, typed out that looks like a lot! Better get knitting!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Do I even want to confess???

For a craft fair on December 3, a whole bunch of scarves. I'm not the only one making things to sell, but scarves is what I am making. And making. And making. And making...

If I have anything left after that, I might knit scarves as gifts for the Women's Christmas Party at work. Or not. We'll see.

For my family for Christmas:
The women are getting a set of a curly purly dropped stitch scarf and a panta. I have 8 of these sets to make. I only have one of the scarves done and am halfway through a panta.

I am also knitting some wraps for a FIN. I have one OTN, which I am half done with, but I decided I don't really like this yarn for this project, so ordered yarn I like better. I'm going to finish the one in progress though.

SO, of the above, I have currently OTN one of the pantas, the wrap, and 3 scarves for the fair...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Alot of finishing.
Right now I am knitting a ribbed toque for myself. I have been knitting these mittens to give away at Christmas, they are double stranded so they knit up very fast, I have about ten more pair to make. I also have to finish a top down cardigan for the twins, I have the middle done, just have to do the sleeves, and I am working on an afghan that I pick up every once in a while. After Christmas I am going to try out my new knitting pure and simple patterns.
Oh and 8 yo dd wants a panta, has anyone changed the pattern to make it smaller?

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Julie, can't you just work the pattern in a DK yarn with 4mm needles to make it fit her?
I have a pair of longies otn, then a braided cable cap if I can get my act together. Then another pair of longies, then two pairs of felted slippers, finishing picking up the i-cord on Sa-whattheheckwasIthinking-mus and another pair of longies. THEN, if I get time, a few cushion covers with a diamond cable effect and a pair of felted bootees or slippers of some description for Skye.
Oh, and in the must-be-finished-before-11/12-pile, I'd like to get a hat or something in for Holiday Helper.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have an LTK cardigan for DH, a pair of socks for DH and a scarf I will never finish. After the socks are done I am going to work on socks for 2 yo DD. I just found out I am pregnant so I am so exhausted and I pretty much sleep when the kids go to bed instead of my usual knitting.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I have This hat currently OTN for DS. I have been whipping out some fun scarves on super bulky yarn that I'm not sure what I'll do with, but they knit up so quick and easy I wanted some instant gratification! I'm also finishing up this yarn over scarf for DsD. It's coming out great!

On my list of things to knit for the holidays that I havn't started yet (mainly due to needing yarn) A hat for my mom, Another one of these hats for someone, I'm not sure who, and a hat for my dad, but I can't seem to find a decent mascline hat pattern I like.

Oh, and I have a pair of socks OTN that I just can't seem to get motivated to finish. Wow, that's a long list!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Quote:
Oh and 8 yo dd wants a panta, has anyone changed the pattern to make it smaller?
I did this...I essentially left off the last "rib" by casting on fewer stitches. I'm going to make one for my 6 yo, and I think I'll leave off 2 ribs for her. Here is a pic, though not my best photo work, sorry:

http://i7.tinypic.com/4g4ehl5.jpg

I doubled superfine alpaca, but I should have used bigger needles! It will be very warm on her ears, though!! I bought the alpaca a while back on clearance at the LYS, so thought I would use some of it.

OTN for me...LTK raglan in the round sweater for my 6 yo in pink HPY bulky merino and a baby sock on 2 needles from the Debbie Bliss baby knits book. Soon to be casting on another pair of picky pants and a hat for 8 yo dd.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just finished Emma's picky pants. Now, I'm knitting up fish for a fish afghan using scrap yarn. I've been looking for patterns for Garrett and Emma to do hats. Now that I've found patterns I'm looking for yarn. LOL! Then, after that, I hope to do Garrett a scarf and then I want to try my hand at me some socks.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamasthree View Post
I did this...I essentially left off the last "rib" by casting on fewer stitches.
This is exactly what I want to do, too. Love the photo! my 10 yo would love this.

Although the only thing I have otn right now is a washcloth... I am waiting for a delivery from HPY with some nice stuff that I hope to be able to use for a panta for my mom, too.

Otherwise, Christmas will be washcloths for everybody!
But I do like the idea of a nice bar of soap with each one. Think I'll go shop for those right now.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
LTK vest for my nephew
Keyhole scarf for my sil
1 last panta

Waiting to cast on - 3 more pairs of fingerless mitts/wristwarmers, a cowl scarf thing for my mil, stripey slippers for my boys and a dread hat for my sister's fiance. I want to do more, but I'm running out of time!

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I have so many projects I want to start after this one. Right now I am knitting a baby Sac for the new one coming, I'm about halfway through it.

Next I want to knit each of the boys a toy for Christmas, one wants a seal the other a gorilla (I'm using the World of knitted toys book).

Then after that a sweater for the baby and I just got my Lucinda Guy books so I have lots of projects from there I want to work on as well.

·
Registered
436 Posts
OTN - Second in a pair of felted clogs for grandpas xmas present
- Second in a pair of Pedicure socks for MIL for xmas
- Wine Cozy for Aunt and Uncle in law xmas
- Shedir cabled hat for siser (birthday or xmas, depending on when it
gets done)
- Jaywalker sock (100% shelved
)

Upcoming projects - Another hat for my sister in black alpaca (her birthday is
in Dec. also)
- Another felted bowl or two for misc. xmas gifts
- Many things in mind for the baby coming in April.
kimonos, longies, soakers, I so want to knit girly things,
so I am hoping for a girl, but surely won't be
disappointed with another boy!
- Longies for Taso
- Shorties for next summer for Taso
- Another Babywearer for me since the last one fits DH!
- I really wanted to do "Rambling Rose" from the new IK,
but I can not find the right colors of yarn from Koigu and
the sizes are completely out of wack. 30" and 43"????
Come on now!

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
:

i have OTN..

* XL longies - made with HPY in dark earth.. and a matching hat
these are my #1 priority right now and im not working on anything else till they are done!

*L soaker for dd (which is never going to get completed.. i started it in the summer.. lost it.. found it..didnt have enuff of the yarn..finally got it..but havn't started knitting it again) maybe it will be a christmas gift ..

* a scarf .. 2X2 ribbed in autumn HPY

* a sweater for my DD for christmas in dark blue veregated HPY (about half done)

#fingerless gloves for my sister (her birthday was OCT.18th and i only ha one done..still only one

To do list..

*a panta for a craft swap - in autumn forest

*a toddler sized pilots cap for the craft swap in pink and purple HPY

*another pilots cap for a craft swap
(i can almost do them in my sleep now!)

*longies for a babe in need..

and about 50 other things.. gifts for family, friends for christmas.. as well as a bunch of felted toys and dyed silks..

i should NOT be on MCD at all for the next 2 months

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
OTN - hand warmers (fingerless) for my mother-in-law. hoping to give them to her on TGiving. Hat 2 out of 7. Must get to work on those hats! Started poncho for my daughter but haven't touched it much since (the two rectangle type). And a mason-dixon warshrag with twisted stitches is sitting in my car.

Up next - I want to do two boy kimonos and two girl kimonos to have on hand for gifts through the year, with matching hats or headbands. (my friend did a cute one with a ruffly bottom, eyelet rows, and a headband to match).

must do dress for dd before i need more yarn for her size. Ha. my own design, we'll see how it works out ... ! hopefully by summer.

aisling

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
It's embarrassing. So many unfinished projects!
gnome - hat is done and I have almost finished body
alpaca baby hat
alpaca tam which I am ripping out to make a touque for an order
shetland mittens - lucious chocolate colour
two sock tops in lovely silver romney need to spin more yarn to finish
garter stitch shawl with lace edge in oatmeal shetland need to spin more
six pairs of alpaca baby socks with afterthought heels waiting to be done
second sock leg part done ready to turn heel
gnome hat
brown shetland/yellow kid mohair scarf experiment thinking of ripping out
4 pairs of baby bootees that need soles and stitching up
a hat with a sheep pattern I am working on to make a kit for sale
ditto with trees
a baby sweater I made for my g. nephew Elwynn 4 years ago that I thought I would finish for my g.niece Ngiao but she is growing faster than my knitting.
a couple of polar bears knitted and in need of stitching
a bunny

Well I guess some of them are technically off the needles. Does anyone else have my problem?

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
OTN
  • new hat design for greg
  • mittens for ethan
  • mittens for aj
  • two pairs of picky pants for rusty
  • felted bag for ethan's classmate's birthday
  • too many other things to list!!
oy. that's a lot

Coming soon:
  • angels from my freebie for teacher gifts
  • slippers for mom and dad
  • hat for rusty

·
Registered
471 Posts
So, I like to keep it simple
I can't do more than one thing at a time or I would never finish anything.

OTN: pair of longies for DD (my first pair!)

What's next:
Panta #2 for my sister
Pilot cap if I ever motivate to order the pattern
Fingerless gloves??? or whatever else you all inspire me to create.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts