Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting this weekend, I have pain basically in the area covered by the front of my underpants. It doesn't feel like it's my pubic bone. It's more like it's just that whole area in a triangular shape under my underpants. It doesn't hurt when I'm sitting or lying down, just when I'm up and about.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Is there anything I can do to help it? It's not unbearable, and I can deal, but if it's something I can treat or prevent, I'd rather not just live with it!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I had really awful sharp pains in that same area. I called my midwife who said that it's round ligament pain and it is caused by the ligaments supporting the uterus stretching out as the uterus grows. Owww.

For me, some stretching and compressing of that area seemed to help (think cat-cow exercise from yoga). If it's really interfering in your day Tylenol could help. It might also have some relation to where the baby is positioned, and you might have some luck poking around down there to see if you can convince the baby to move. I didn't have any luck... I poked and the baby just kicked back.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
It does sound familiar to me from my last pg. I think it's not just the pubic bone itself, but the loosening of the ligaments around the pubic bone as well--everything just ends up aching.
The biggest thing is to sit whenever you feel it coming on. I didn't pay enough attention to that last time, and it only gets worse.
When I end up doing too much I put some Traumeel on the area.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I've been having the same thing for the last week or two. I'm glad to hear that it's stretching pain though, I just thought that there was too much blood pumping around and the tissue was sore! I have found that if I lay on my back on my bed for a minute and massage the area in a slow circular motion, even quite briefly, it really helps a lot.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called to as my mw about it. Just to see if there was anything I could do to help it. She brought me in to pee in a cup just in case it's a bladder infection. I don't think it is, but I guess I'll find out Thursday...

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
My midwife reminded me to keep my pelvis tucked when I'm standing. The main ligaments that hold your uterus come from your back, and not swaying your back/butt out helps them do a better job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.