Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, i need some advice. when ds was born he slept in the bassinet by our bed and when dh was not in bed (he worked nights) ds slept next to me. now he is 6 mo old and over 21 lbs and all 3 of us do not fit well in the bed anymore. i am scared to let him get to near dh who sleeps like a rock and i dont want him too close to the edge of the bed either because he can roll over now. i have been looking into the arms reach co-sleeper but it is not the same hight as your bed, i want something level with ours so i can scooch him in and out of our bed for night nursing. is there a co-sleeper like this or should we sidecar his crib? Thanks<br>
Brea

·
Registered
369 Posts
We have a queen size bed and it's myself, dh,ds(2) and dd(3months). It would be a tighter squeeze but we side car ds crib and also have a co-sleeper which we haven't really used since dd nurses most of the night and the co-sleeper is the wrong height like you said. They do have leg extenders (not sure if thats what they are called) to get it to be level with the bed. I just haven't gotten around to getting them yet. I really recommend using the crib as a side car it has been great for us. I cuddle with my two to get them asleep and then when dh gets home from work he will put ds in the crib to make room for himself with out really disturbing our little guy. He will make his way to dh through the night to cuddle and its adorable.<br><br>
Don't know if that helps but good luck.<br><br>
Kate

·
Registered
656 Posts
Well, our Arm's Reach isn't level with the mattress -- at least the sleping part isnt - but the little rail at the side is. Does that make any sense? It's only like a 1 1/2 inch drop, which is actually good b/c then DC doesn't roll INTO the bed! And if they roll OUT of the bed into the sidecar, well, it's an inch. All will be well.<br>
Is that what you meant, or do you need to buy leg extenders? Or is your bed too short? :me confused:

·
Registered
437 Posts
a side carred crib works great for us <a href="http://groups.msn.com/SteveandLishsFamily/sidecarcrib.msnw" target="_blank">http://groups.msn.com/SteveandLishsF...decarcrib.msnw</a>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts