Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, a good friend of mine has decided to cd twins (due in Dec)-

Imagine you have $800 to spend.

what's the most reliable, easy, fun combination of diapers you could buy for twins?

the best I can think of is 40-50 small daisy doodles

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
My sister is due with twins this fall. For her, I'm sewing 24 XS VB AIOs, 24 VB XS side-snap fitteds, 24 S VB AIOs, 24 S VB side-snap fitteds, and a number of VB snug wrap covers. I've also ordered 24 preemie and 24 infant tye-dyed prefolds from tyedye dreams. I think this is going to be about $800. Granted this included both newborn and small sizes and I'm sewing lots of them, so it's a bit more economical. When I asked about CDing twins, experienced mommas said to have a minimum of 36 diapers in each size, if you plan on washing daily.
HTH

·
Registered
892 Posts
I actually LOVED kissaluvs when DD was newborn -- you have to change them lots no matter what, and I liked how the kissaluvs fit -- much better than even infant prefolds at that time. I used Bummis whisper pants over them. Next baby, I'm going to try the newborn cotton QD fitteds from SugarPlumBaby -- I have smalls now for DD, and I love the fit! Very inexpensive, too.

If I had $800 to spend....

definitely 2-3 dozen prefolds
6-8 covers in small (BSWW)
1-2 wool or fleece covers each (twins, right?)
I'd go with 2 dozen kissaluvs 0's or SPB newborn's
2-3 whisper pants EACH
a few snappi's

And then, some VB AIO's for out and about...
with a few LHC thrown in there for show-off diapers.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamingMama
AIO's all the way baby, the easier the system is to use the more time you get with those two little stinkers. I would proably get a whole bunch of standard aio's like Very Baby or Bumkins.
that's what I was thinking with the daisy doodles.....

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Okay, at the risk of sounding very stuff and old-fashioned, I would probably just go with infant prefolds, snappis, and covers. Twins are expensive enough as it is, and I would save most of the $800 for the next size up diaper. It's more important to get a good-fitting, easy to put on diaper as they get mobile. Cloth diapering a newborn is easy and they grow so fast.

You can get 6 dozen standard infant prefolds and 16 bummis super whisper wrap covers for under $250.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by momma2emerson
My sister is due with twins this fall. For her, I'm sewing 24 XS VB AIOs, 24 VB XS side-snap fitteds, 24 S VB AIOs, 24 S VB side-snap fitteds, and a number of VB snug wrap covers. I've also ordered 24 preemie and 24 infant tye-dyed prefolds from tyedye dreams. I think this is going to be about $800. Granted this included both newborn and small sizes and I'm sewing lots of them, so it's a bit more economical. When I asked about CDing twins, experienced mommas said to have a minimum of 36 diapers in each size, if you plan on washing daily.
HTH
Cat, you are sooo sweet! Really, that's awesome that you are sewing 8 dozen diapers for your friend.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
In all honesty, not knowing what size they will be when born, I would probably go with Kissaluvs, prefolds, Proraps and a couple of Sugar Peas wool covers.

I personally can't imagine doing DD with newborns, yes it would be easy and cute but as far as absorbancy and dealing with newborn poo I just don't think they would cut it. VBs would be great, but with as expensive as they are you wouldn't be able to stetch the $800 as far. I'm thinking they will appreciate having a multitude of good, absorbant diapers over cuteness.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlutterBee
I personally can't imagine doing DD with newborns, yes it would be easy and cute but as far as absorbancy and dealing with newborn poo I just don't think they would cut it. VBs would be great, but with as expensive as they are you wouldn't be able to stetch the $800 as far. I'm thinking they will appreciate having a multitude of good, absorbant diapers over cuteness.
ITA. I did't CD my NBs, but I wouldthink you'd need more coverage than DDs have for NB poo. What about Bum-Ware? Is she cheaper than VB?

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
I have to agree with XS Very Baby. They were my absolute favorite diaper for DS as a newborn. Twins will get lots of use out them, too - AND they have really good resale! I would add Fuzzi Bunz in XS or S or both with lots of stuffers (microterry being softer) for nights. We used S FB at night within the first week and were very happy!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts