Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little dd has been having issues since she was born. Finally, I'm putting the puzzle peices together and had an appointment with a DAN doc scheduled for the 31st of this month. Hooray!

Well, I called to confirm yesterday and . . . oops. sorry. don't have you on the books.

I was a total basket case last night. We now have to wait another MONTH. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for this appointment. When things get rough, I keep (or kept) telling myself, one more month, three more weeks, two more weeks and now. ANOTHER F***ING month.

Meantime, I'm going to order a new hair test for dd and a stool analysis test. At least I'll have something to focus on while we play the waiting game again.

Thanks for listening mamas.
:

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
mama. I know how frustrating that can be. I waited a month to get my ds into the dr. only to have them call the day before the appt. and tell me it would be another 2 weeks

It's so frustrating. I'm glad that you're going to be able to get some testing done while you wait. I found that it helped me a lot to read as much as I could while waiting on the appt., too.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mama. Maybe this is a good thing in the long run. I think I've found a "better" doctor in the meantime. (At least one that everyone keeps raving about.) We'll only be able to do phone consults with this guy but it makes me feel better knowing lots of other mamas think he's great. (I didn't hear lots of great things about the other one - - not as many as this guy.)

We'll have to wait for him until October 16th but hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

Guess it happened for a reason. (Though you couldn't tell me that last night!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts