Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both ds are now sleeping together in their own room and loving it!
And while it is nice to have the whole bed to ourselves again, I miss them. Tonight my youngest and I went to our weekly bowling league then to the toy store to return some stuff and when we got home it was late. So he came into my bed for a while, and I want to let him stay
Is that a bad idea? I am glad they feel safe and loved together and there was not one ounce of pain in them going to their own room, they wanted to. But while I do want them back, I know that they are ready to sleep solo and I don't want to ruin that, kwim?

I am going to let him stay, do you think it will make problems for tommorrow?

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
awww... I am fearing the day they kick me out of their room. I LOVE sleeping snuggled up to my sweaty babies who like to head butt me in the middle of the night!

I'd let them stay- it can be a place they come sometimes when they need the extra love. I love hearing about people who are 18 and still like to climb into bed with their parents and cuddle. I hope my kids do

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do too. And the do know that they can climg in whenever they want. Just the other morning at 4am my 6 yr old did that.
I let him satay and he was so cute this morning!!!
I also knew that the 6yr old might be upset, but he came in at 5:30am and asked if he could sleep with us so I told him to get in the middle!
He knew his brother was there all night because of the bed rail being in. It was a sweet morning!

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh no! you poor thing, and I have just had the opposite, one or the other has been with me all weekend and I told dh last night that I miss them so! I know that once we need a/c they will be in with us as we only have a/c in our bedroom.

I hope they came back to you tonight!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
SoccerMom, how old are your boys? Sorry if this is OT, I'm just wondering because we're thinking of trying to get ours to sleep in a sibling bed. They both start out in their own beds (well, bed and crib) and end up in our bed with in an hour or two. I don't mind - on the nights I get enough sleep - but there are four of us now and I'm pregnant. Five just seems a little tight in one bed.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My boys are 4 and 6. The way things worked was that oldest slept with us until #2 came. Then oldest slept in a twin bed next to ours. When we moved he and I would sleep in his room and youngest would sleep with dh. We have been doing that for the past 4 years. Thankfully we have a spare room, if you get my drift
so that area is ok too. Even now that the boys are in their own rooms, dh and I are having a tough time getting back in the same bed, we are used to having more room, as the boys don't take up much, kwim?
Our don't come in anymore unless it is super early in the morning like 4am. What size bed do you have? We seriously thought about getting a King but since they transitioned into their own room so well we are sticking with the Queen. How old are your kids?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
SoccerMom, mine are much younger than that - 3.5 and 19 months. We have a king, a toddler bed and a crib all in our room. They basically only stay in "their beds" while we're downstairs. They've never been out of our room, it's just getting really crowded. I wondered if 3.5 and 1.5 are old enough - or is the little one too little (we sleep between them now). It'll just be really tight with 5 of us. My dh wants to get them those race car beds or something else that will interest them, but I think they like to cuddle and don't want to sleep alone so a sibling bed would be better. I just asked the ages because I wasn't sure if the were big enough yet.

Thanks for getting back to me!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.